Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lindarogan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2009, 03:03 PM
    Fathers rights in the United Kingdom
    I live in the United Kingdom. Can you tell me what rights to a paternal father have to a newborn child. The mother was abandoned at 16 weeks pregnant and the father wants to have access every day. He also wants to take the 4 day old newborn away for an hour every day. The mother is breast feeding. Do you have any answers?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2009, 04:31 PM

By abandoned do you mean basically that the father broke off the relationship with her at 16 weeks?
    He can ask to have his name on the birth certificate if it isn't already on it. He would most likely have to take a paternity test since the baby is already born. Once the fathers name is on the birth certificate he can go to family court and ask for joint custody.

I doubt he would be allowed to take the baby everyday but he might be allowed to visit everyday. Also when he is granted visits to take the baby she can use a breast pump for the baby's bottles.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fathers rights [ 4 Answers ]

OK here is my question. My son is 23 and he found out he might be a Father. The mother does not want the child and she wants to give it away. My son wants to raise the child. I want to know are what are his rights. Right now? How can he make sure the mother will look after herself and the unborn...

I am being told I have a inheritance from a relative in the United Kingdom [ 2 Answers ]

I am told that my aunt made me her beneficiary she lived in London but the lawyer there is trying to get me to send money for some certificate from the police saying it is a police clearance certificate. Have you ever heard of such a thing

Fathers rights [ 4 Answers ]

Can I relinquish my parental rights to a child who I adopted prior to the marriage?

Tax for f-1 student from United Kingdom [ 1 Answers ]

Is there any tax exemption from f-1 students from United Kingdom? If yes, how much?

View more questions Search