Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chellebabe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2009, 04:39 AM
    Etching by A. Simes
    I have an original etching by A. Simes. It is of Ann Hathaway's cottage. Stratford-on-avon.
    The etching is framed and has a number 14 stamped beside artists name on the back.
    It is also signed by the artist on the front..
    I am wondering if anyone has any information on this artist and whether or not the etching has any value?
    thank you.
    johnhh Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2010, 09:25 AM
    Value around £100.
    Calsgranmary Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2018, 05:01 AM
    I have three original etchings by A Simes all signed on the front and a printed label on the back with a number stamped on it.
    They are: The Scottish National War Memorial (Edinburgh Castle), Burns Cottage Ayr and the Forth Bridge. They have been in my husband's family since the late 20s or early 30s and are in good condition considering their age.
    I would be interested to know their value and whether they are collectible.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Paul Emile Lecomte Etching from Paris Etching Society [ 2 Answers ]

I found an etching by Paul Emile Lecomte issued by the Paris Etching Society entitled "The Stream" and number 109 SLZ. I am not familiar with Etchings but I would assume that they are similar to limited editions. Is this of any value? Thank you

SZL etching [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have an etching by the Paris etching society. -signed by "Phillippe" in pencil bottom right of picture -numbered 117 on bottom lower left -title is a little illegible... still working on it with my french buddy could be "Emmener ? d'aimes" -It is of a country lane. Lane is lined...

Information on Paris etching society etching [ 1 Answers ]

Have a etching "Near Anneau In France" signed in pencil,I can not make out the name . On the back of the etching say genuine etching by"Philippe" distributed by Phillips toronto Ltd. My husband got mad at me for paying ten dollars for it the first year we were married. That was thrity three years...

View more questions Search