Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bluenailpolish Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2009, 02:33 AM
    Computer system clocks?
    Hi, I am having problems with my computer. Whenever I take the plug out and put it back in, it turns on automatically and tells me there has been an error and that my system clock needs to be reset. So I go through all the set up and change the date and time so it is correct. And its fine... until next time I unplug my computer, it happens again! Very frustrating. The error also mentions getting a new battery? What does this mean? The computer is not very old but I am running on Windows 2000. Also, if I leave the computer plugged in, the next time I turn it on it is fine. It is only when I take out the plug. HELP!
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2009, 03:42 AM
    I am having problems with my computer. Whenever I take the plug out and put it back in, it turns on automatically and tells me there has been an error and that my system clock needs to be reset. So I go through all the set up and change the date and time so it is correct. And its fine... until next time I unplug my computer, it happens again! Very frustrating. The error also mentions getting a new battery? What does this mean? The computer is not very old but I am running on Windows 2000. Also, if I leave the computer plugged in, the next time I turn it on it is fine. It is only when I take out the plug. HELP!
    This sounds like the backup battery on the motherboard has failed. This is often round coin-type battery, around the size of a quarter or slightly larger, that can be slipped in and out. It can also be a type that is soldered into the motherboard and removing it requires some finesse (preferably cut the leads as long as possible and solder a new battery directly to the cut leads).

This has nothing at all to do with the operating system that you're running.

Here's a link that has some pictures that should help.

Replacing the Motherboard Battery | Hardware Secrets

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Garrard clocks made in england [ 2 Answers ]

I have got an english Garrard made triple chiming clock apparently quite rare can someone tell me what period was madeand how rare it is. Thanks

Antique clocks [ 6 Answers ]

hello I have a waterbury flamingo clock would like to know age and value if possible.:)

AskMeHelpDesk Clocks are slow [ 6 Answers ]

According to Greenwhich, http://wwp.greenwich2000.com/ , the official time is listed there, updated every second. However, when compared to the clocks at AskMeHelpDesk, I notice that AskMeHelpDesk's clocks are 6 minutes slow.

Major components of computer system.. [ 1 Answers ]

Wouldn't the major components in a large company computer be the same as the major compnents in any computer? With the exception of networking hardware perhaps.

View more questions Search