Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    commarts Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2009, 05:51 PM
    No scroll bars on 800 x 600 resolution.
    Helpdesk,

The site I need help with is located at : Avalon :: Where evenings come true...

It looks perfect in resolutions above 1024x768 but when I look at the site in a resolution of 800x600 the site is chopped off and I can't scroll left to see the navigation.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks,
    Daniel
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jul 10, 2009, 12:04 PM

Hi,
    Fairly easy, you define a min-width in global.css in the body element of 1096px.
    How would you expect it to resize?
    Peace,
    Clarke
    commarts Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2009, 12:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by crigby View Post
    Hi,
    Fairly easy, you define a min-width in global.css in the body element of 1096px.
    How would you expect it to resize?
    Peace,
    Clarke

Crigby, there already is a min-width of 1096px on the body element. When the site is viewed at 800x600 you can't see the navigation or the top of the site.
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jul 10, 2009, 01:06 PM

Hi,
    Sorry, you did not understand my answer. Do not define that in the body element. Define your navigation at a set width; define the image size for the main content. You should get a scrollbar at both the right and the bottom when the resolution is changed. This being because it will have to resize and not include the entire right-hand side.
    If that does not work completely, I may need to look again at something else; just tell me.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

410 vs 22, reciprocating vs scroll [ 2 Answers ]

I live in South Florida and need to replace a Carrier heat pump. Don't know why I bought a heat pump 15 trs ago seeing as we run heat maybe 3 days a year. Anyway I will go with a straight cool w/ 10 KW heat strip now. I have a gable mounted package unit. I will probably go with local contractor who...

View more questions Search