Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CARITO0124 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2009, 03:11 PM
    Sold my car to a car dealer Now He won't pay
    I'm very fustrated... I bought a used car from my boyfriends friend I gave 5000 as down payment a finished to pay the car in less then the agreed time... I had to go out of the country for an emergency and that is why I paid of the car before the estimated time... I traded in my old car gave him a check and credit card for the down payment. Since my boyfriend and him had business in the past he gave the dealer some tools as part of the payment also but through the time I paid the car by check... I didn't get the title and didn't sign one either... since I had to leave the country for an emergency I gave the dealer back the car so he could sell for me and we agreed that once the car was sold he would pay me in 3 months... of course that has not happened after 9 months... Im back in th US now but not living in Florida where he is located though I did speak to him personally before going back to New york and agreed to finish paying the car wich is 6500 and has only giving me 2100... his secretary says I signed paperwork where I agreed that the money was to be paid monthly wich is not true and also being rude and hanging up the phone.. I have not signed anything only the purchase of the car... what can I do to get my money back as soon as posible:mad: thank yuou:confused:
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2009, 03:24 PM

Did you get copies of the paperwork that they agreed to buy back the car and pay you?
    Do you have proof what you paid them?
    CARITO0124 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2009, 04:33 PM

I have proof of payments but not of the paperwork of them buying back the car it was by word (friend of my boyfriend)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 6, 2009, 06:31 PM

Tough, your only choice is to sue them, and it may have to be in Florida

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

30% of tickets sold were kids tickets, selling at $4. The rest were sold at $8.50. [ 1 Answers ]

30% of the tickets sold by a movie theater for the Friday night show were children's tickets at $4 each. The rest of the tickets were sold at the full price of $8.50. The movie theater collected $252 for the children's tickets. How many tickets did they sell in all? How do you know?

Deposit on Horse Trailer dealer sold it [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I live in New York State. On April 1st. I put an $1800. Deposit on a horse trailer with the full purchase price being $4750. The trailer was at a body shop having some warranty work done on it. I was given until April 15th to pay for the trailer and pick it up. I contacted the dealer on April...

Tenants won't leave and we just sold the property. [ 5 Answers ]

Ok... The tenants we were renting our home to have not paid anything. We had no written lease. I understand they are still tenants even though it was verbal only. Ok.. we served them with the Notice to pay or quit, and they are still in the home, we have a court date on November 5 to have them...

Dealer Sold The Car I Had A $1000 Deposit On [ 7 Answers ]

I put $1000 down for a dealer to take a vehicle off the market while I got financing for it. I had 30 days to pay or the car could be sold to someone else and I lose my $1000. I gave them the money and the paperwork was drawn up. I called today to let them know my status and apparently, the guy...

I sold a friend a laptop and she agreed to pay it, but she won't make payments. [ 1 Answers ]

Ok.. a friend of mine agreed to pay two debts, one for wrecking my car and another for a laptop she has owed me money for. It has been on the laptop about a year and several months.. she has paid very little towards that.. and she agreed to pay for the damages to my vehicle when that occurred which...

View more questions Search