Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HighandDryinnNy Posts: 84, Reputation: 17

Jul 6, 2009, 03:08 PM
    Weird/Unusal Places to visit in NY State?
    Hey guys, its vacation time again. This time we have decided to stay in NY State, and explore. We love the outdoors, "ghost hunting" (not really ghost hunting, but exploring creepy local legends), or anything weird and unusual, be it a town or a specific site. Anyone have any suggestions? Preferably things off the beaten path, so to speak. Im excited to hear from you!:p
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 6, 2009, 03:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by HighandDryinnNy View Post
    Hey guys, its vacation time again. This time we have decided to stay in NY State, and explore. We love the outdoors, "ghost hunting" (not really ghost hunting, but exploring creepy local legends), or anything weird and unusual, be it a town or a specific site. Anyone have any suggestions? Preferably things off the beaten path, so to speak. Im excited to hear from you!:p
    Go to your local public library and ask a reference librarian this same question. You will be THRILLED with all the info you will get.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2009, 10:12 AM
    The South Bronx is pretty scary.

Sleepy Hollow on the Hudson, according to W. Irving, had a horseman riding around without a head.

Hamlin, up on Lake Ontario, had a redhead who terrorized the 'hood with commas. Hey, you could look it up!

Have a good trip!
    HighandDryinnNy Posts: 84, Reputation: 17

Jul 7, 2009, 11:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    The South Bronx is pretty scary.
    This is hilarious, thank you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

On probation as of feb 1st I have question,can I leave state for a college visit ? [ 7 Answers ]

:confused: HELP!! OK I've been placed on probation for the next 3 yrs of my life.this is my first offense.I'm 21.I am scheduled to go to Arizona in march for 3 days for college campus visits.I live in ny.What are my chances of getting to leave state?My probation officer said "it's going to be...

Bumps in uhh. Weird places. [ 5 Answers ]

So ummm I get acne or boils or something (I typically just refer to them as "my bumps" cause I don't really know what they are) near my privates and on my thighs... they take like 6-9 months to go away sometimes. And the problem is a lot of the time when I squeeze the pus out of them they bruise or...

Recently I have been getting pimples in weird places [ 4 Answers ]

Recently I have been getting what appears to be little like clusters of pimples on my right inner thigh I had like 4. they get white heads I squezze them and the puss comes out then they go away. I thought they were ingrown hairs but now I'm not sure. I went to bed last night with 3 below my...

Weird about places! [ 11 Answers ]

Hi all I want to know if anyone else has this problem? Im now completley N/C with my ex and I think it will work to be honest as much as from time to time I wonder if she just 'moved on' well I guess Ill never know But when we were talking she mentioned that she had been to a place on the...

I can relate to this one after my visit to the State Institution, Can you? [ 4 Answers ]

(P.D. = personality disorder) How many Narcissistic P.D. does to take to change a light bulb? Just one. To hold the light bulb but he has to wait for the whole world to revolve around him. How many Borderline P.D. does to take to change a light bulb? Just one. To threaten suicide...

View more questions Search