Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dawnie2009 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2009, 01:29 PM
    How do I change my IP address on wireless?
    I would like to change my IP address on wireless but do not have a clue how to do so. Can someone help me please?
    PGMData Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2009, 01:42 AM
    In most cases your wireless router will only allow you to change your ip to one of a set range most likely the defaults are 192.168.1.100 to 192.168.1.150 if you are to change your ip you have to make sure the router is going to recognize the IP you are going to set your wireless adapter to.

Router
    1. In wireless settings on your router check your local IP address.
    Should be like 192.168.1.1 in most cases
    2. check your start ip address most likely 192.168.1.100
    3. check your max number of users or end ip address
    This will determine the range of what you can set your IP to on your computer

Computer
    1. in network connections right click your wirelss adapter and choose properties
    2. click internet protocol (tcp/ip) and click properties
    3. click use the following IP address and put in your chosen IP address
    Subnet mask is most likely 255.255.255.0 and default gateway is ip of router
    4. dns servers should be the same ones in router setup if needed

Hope this helps you. :)
    chuckhole Posts: 850, Reputation: 45

Jul 17, 2009, 09:20 AM

Before assigning an address, you need to know that you are NOT using an address within your DHCP Scope. If the Scope starts at .100, then use an address lower than .100. You must not assign the same address twice and use an address that DHCP may attempt to assign to another computer.
    dzone Posts: 2, Reputation: 3

Aug 2, 2009, 11:22 PM
    To change the IP address of a computer, it is necessary to know what kind of IP address the computer is assigned to and which IP address indeed that computer should change. To change the LAN IP address, one must know what the LAN connection’s name is, as well as the original router settings etc. And you can chk your ip address from http://www.ip-details.com/

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I cannot renew my IP address for my wireless network [ 4 Answers ]

Hello everyone Can you help me? I cannot renew my IP address for my wireless network. I can find my wireless network in range when I search and when I type in my password which I know is correct I cannot renew my ip address and when I then repair my network it does not work as it stops...

Cannot renew IP Address - Wireless; laptop; XP Pro [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, I have been trying to add a 2nd wireless connection to my home network that currently hosts one wireless and one ethernet connection. The computer is a Compaq Presario R3000 that has been successfully networked at our former home for about two years. However; that was with a different...

IP address wireless network [ 7 Answers ]

My laptop can't find the IP address on our wireless network. I've put in the network key, but it searches and searches for the IP address.

Excel: change relative address to absolute address [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, In Excel spreadsheet, how to change relative address to absolute address for many cells at same time? I know how to use F4 to do the change, but it is not an option when I have to deal with the addresses in a 150 row x 50 column table. Thanks, Wei

View more questions Search