Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2009, 11:40 AM
    Cruise in Alaska
    I am thinking of cruising in Alaska in September. The least expensive flight for me is into Seattle and then rent a car and drive to Vancouver. Or find a "good" cruise out of Seattle.

Anyone have any suggestions, good experiences, thoughts? I'll be traveling alone (my friends have no desire to see Alaska) but that doesn't bother me.

I can't decide which cities, how long - I'm thinking about 10 days.

One of the cruise lines - and I can't recall which one - is offering a singles cruise but I was told that the employees of the ship are available to have dinner with the singles when they are off duty and also attend all the dances. I'm not looking for Friday Night on Campus. I'm looking for a cruise. I can stay home and rent companionship if that's what I want. :D

Would appreciate any insight. I think I want a balcony but other than that... I don't know what to ask.

Help!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 6, 2009, 12:00 PM
    I would LOVE to go with you!!

My neighbors on both sides have taken the cruise up the Northwest Passage straight out of Seattle, I believe, and they loved it. One neighbor went in late August, the other in late May.
    binx44 Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 88
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2009, 12:03 PM
    I WISH I could go with you. Sadly I start college in September and I wouldn't be able to go * cries*

Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    I am thinking of cruising in Alaska in September. The least expensive flight for me is into Seattle and then rent a car and drive to Vancouver. Or find a "good" cruise out of Seattle.

Anyone have any suggestions, good experiences, thoughts?

Alaska is beautiful I have family who live there... I think finding a flight into seattle and then renting a car to drive to BC would be best but really to each their own.. It would take maybe an extra day or two (as I'm not sure how long it is to seattle) would you be prepared for that. Also take into account where you will sleep if it is more then a one day trip across border.
    Now you don't seem to have much of a plan for where you are going to go in Alaska... so I'll offer a few suggestions from my books of traveling across canada and trips I wish to take in the US.. (alaska and South Carolina LOL)
    There is a national park called Denali National Park.. there is an excursion lasting seven or eight days. It starts in Anchorage goes to Denali National Park (via railroad I do believe) After Denali is Fairbanks. It then takes you to the far north to witness the rugged natural wilderness that Alaska is so well known for. After that I think it takes you to the delta junction and copper valley then onto valdez where you can see one awesome looking glacier... then its back to Ancorage... you can look at this trip and others available at Travel Alaska - State of Alaska Travel & Vacation Information

I do recommend a trip that takes you to one or all of these locations.. my uncle just got back from taking a trip almost identicle to this one and LOVED it...

Though if you are taking a cruise you may want to see what your cruise offers by checking their website... Sometimes they make set stops at some really beautiful places and it may be worth the trip
    Here is a list of some of the places in Alaska... they should have links to each one you click on giving more town/city info etc... Travel Alaska - Cities & Towns
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2009, 12:45 PM

Each cruiseline stops in some of the same and some different places - I just don't know enough about Alaska to know where I should stop.

And, yes, J9 - I'm open for a companion. Also if anyone goes into labor on the ship I'm helpless but you, on the other hand...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Oil Drilling in Alaska [ 18 Answers ]

What are the pros and cons of drilling oil in Alaska? Should we or shouldn't we?

Alaska law [ 1 Answers ]

Can I get my felony exspunged in the state of Alaska and if so how would I go about hat thank you.

Alaska cruise - balcony on port or starboard? [ 3 Answers ]

We are planning a northbound Alaska cruise next spring on Princess. Having decided to book a room with a balcony, which side of the ship offers the best views? Thank you.:)

Can we cruise Alaska [ 3 Answers ]

My husband has a felony. We would like to cruise to Alaska but, are not sure if we can get into Canada to board the cruise ship and even just in cruising we would be in Canadian territory so, do you know if we can even go on an Alaskian cruise?

Alaska cruise balcony or not? [ 3 Answers ]

We are planning a cruise to alaska for our family including my mother in law, her first cruise. Is it worth the extra money to have a stateroom with a balcony, or is an oceanview better for the cost. We have cruised before, but never with a balcony room before. Any input on the alaskan cruise...

View more questions Search