Ask
    Charself Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2009, 10:56 AM
    Dishwasher
    My Kenmore dishwasher will not start and it is only 5 years old
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jul 6, 2009, 11:01 AM
    Check to be sure power is being supplied to the unit. Then check the door switch for proper operation since the door switch is like a main power disconnect and if it fails the DW will do nothing.
    stuartn Posts: 85, Reputation: 2

Jul 6, 2009, 07:52 PM

There is also an inline fuse (attached to the plastic housing on the board) in the console to the right of the door switches. Use an ohm meter and check for continuity. Flat about 1 inch wide with 2 leads. Replace if there is no continuity. If the replacement comes as a kit make sure you put the kit in as the instructions say or the new one will only work a few months.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GE dishwasher [ 5 Answers ]

Hey I have a dishwasher that will not drain, just run's forever,is there something I can do myself to fix it?

Dishwasher will not run [ 1 Answers ]

Dish washer doesn't run fills with water all front panel lights are on but doesn't go through any cycles kenmore model # 665.15782300

Dishwasher [ 1 Answers ]

Would you please be able to tell me how to hook up the drain for my dishwasher. I have two waste lines from the wall. One for the sink and other for the dishwasher. I know normally you would just go into the tail for the sink, but I've never done it to its own waste outlet. Thanks Rick Today,...

View more questions Search