Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Syeda SiMi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2009, 09:24 AM
    What Are the Advantages and Disadvantages of Being a Member of a Union?
    What are the advantages and disadvantages of being in a union member?:(
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2009, 09:37 AM
    For me, at my job, it would just be a layer of unnecessary bureaucracy. My company is honest and law-abiding. Without a union hanging over head. We get a great health insurance plan already that's low cost. We're treated fairly.

I've never had to call human resources or anyone else for a complaint, because my manager has always been quick to help resolve things. I once worked for a union store and hated it. It was a different grocery store. Everything always seemed so set in stone. Cashiers on ran the cashier. Deli people worked in the deli. Baggars bagged.

Now, I can do just about anything, which I enjoy, because otherwise I get bored. And, I didn't have any choice in joining the union. Since I was still a minor, it was pretty pointless for me to join since I was still on my parents' health insurance and I never worked enough hours to need to take a lunch. Those were the two big things our union was about.

Are you asking because your company might go union or just trying to gain information?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2009, 11:58 PM

Hi, Syeda SiMi!

Greetings and WELCOME to the site! I just tweaked things a bit on this thread and moved your question that you had posted in Introductions to this forum topic area so that it will get the most exposure to those who are best able to answer it. Introductions is for people to introduce themselves and we try to not ask questions there.

It can be a little confusing when first learning how to use this site! Your question will get noticed much more in this forum topic area.

We would appreciate it if you would return to Introductions sometime to tell us a little about yourself though, if you would be willing to do that.

Now, concerning your question, yes, it would be helpful to know why you're asking it, and I would like to add, the kind of labor union this is concerning.

Also, this type of question has been asked a number of times on this site. If you look down at the bottom of this page, you'll find links to similar questions. You might want to click on the links to see what some of the answers have been.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The advantages and disadvantages of union membership for retail workers. [ 1 Answers ]

What are the advantages and disadvantages of union membership for retail workers?

Advantages and disadvantages of labor union in retail [ 5 Answers ]

Could you give me some facts on some of the advantages and disadvantages of having a labor union in retail stores, such as K-Mart, Walmart or others.

Union advantages and disadvantages [ 2 Answers ]

What are the advantages and disadvantages of being a union member?

Advantages and Disadvantages of Union Membership? [ 6 Answers ]

I was wondering what the advantages and disadvantages are for ANY union. Any help would be appreciated! :)

What is labor union and what is advantages and disadvantages of it? [ 1 Answers ]

What is labor union and what is advantages and disadvantages of it?

View more questions Search