Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    justinefabro Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2009, 11:31 PM
    Mmoles of water in calcium chloride hexahydrate
    How many millimoles of water are the in 500mg of calcium chloride hexahydrate?
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2009, 06:28 AM

The problem boils down to determining the molecular weight (grams / mole) of calcium chloride hexahydrate. This is the chemical formula. Note that Calcium is divalent and chloride is univalent. Also, the water is loosely bound.

Does that give you some idea about how to solve this?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Calcium in hot water [ 12 Answers ]

About a month ago we noticed our faucets were getting clogged up with calcium only for the hot water. So we flushed out the water heater and it did not help. The water heater was old and the water was not very hot so we finally replaced the water heater and everything was fine for about a week but...

Tons of calcium buildup in water heater- [ 8 Answers ]

Hi there - I have a dual element electric hot water tank. Not knowing I should have cleaned it out regularly, the lower element finally burned out. Now, how do I get all the build up out of it? Can I use a de-limer? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Calcium in hot water faucets [ 5 Answers ]

We moved into a new home on well water. We have a water softener , 75 gallon hot water tank and a water cirulator pump. We have getting calcium particles out of all the hot water faucets. Where does our problem occur in the system? Thank You

Is calcium deposit in water pipe always hard? [ 6 Answers ]

I had another question regarding white stuff coming out of the kitchen faucet. A user named John Da suggested it'd be calcium deposits and many other web sites said the same thing. My question here is if calcium deposits in water pipe are always hard and rigid. Mine are not. They are soft...

View more questions Search