Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    haji1982 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2009, 09:17 PM
    Getting a divorce before 1st interview of marriage based green card interview
    Hi,
    I'm living in america since 2003 decemeber, 1st I had a f1 then I transfer to h1b and now I'm on marriage based green card status,
    I'm getting a divorce to my wife and my interview 1st interview is due in a week ,what's going to happen to my status after that I have no criminal record no bad background never arrested nothing, I pay my taxes every year.
    Is there anyway I can get my residency?
    Please let me know
    DCcityboy Posts: 648, Reputation: 27

Jul 6, 2009, 06:35 AM

no. if you are not married you do not qualify, paying taxes and no criminal background are expected of PR applicants.

There is a small exception for significant abuse in the marriage. See if you can switch back to H-1B. Consult with an experienced immigration attorney. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Green card interview [ 1 Answers ]

HI I HAVE LIVED IN CANADA Between 2005 AND 2007. 2005-2006 : STUDİYİNG FOR ENGLİSH PROFİCENY TEST (TOEFL),Passed the test and applıed to the unıversity of toronto bachelors of arts ın Economıcs. 2006-2007: ı started studying at the university of toronto but in 2006 November ı quit studying...

Green Card Interview [ 6 Answers ]

I just found this web site so hopefully someone can answer my questions and help out. I came to the US as a F1 student. I met my Husband in one of my clases. We got married last year in July. Being newly weds we didn't have the money to file right away. I took my vacation time during the summer...

Green card interview [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am having my green card interview in June 2007. What should I expect? How long is the interview. We are truly married and very happy. But we are anxious about this. He is citizen I am German. Could you please advise us Kilda IL

View more questions Search