Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jpopowski Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2006, 09:22 AM
    Wiring New Thermostat
    I'm installing a Honeywell RTH7000 thermostat in a house recently purchased. Not sure of all the technical details and options of HVAC system. It's carrier heatpump 38BYC with a FA4AN air handler (according to the plates), I don't know what options it may or may not have, other than spotting a shutoff switch on the condensation pan.

The old Totalline p474-0100 thermostat had R, G, Y1, W2, B/O/W1, Y2 and C connections.
    The wires were connected Red/R, Green/G, W2 was white, B/O/W1 had orange, Y2 was empty and C had a brownish wire, there were black and blue wires coming out of the wall, not connected.

I connected everything the same as previously, connecting Red to the jumpered Rc and R on the Honeywell thermostat, and the orange to the W1/O/B, white to the w2. Black and blue still unconnected.

2 questions; are all connections correct? And 2 now it's asking me to program and specify whether heat pump, multi-stage with b-u or uax, or various types of conventional multi-stage, changeover valve settings, etc.

Check out some similar questions!

Thermostat Wiring Help [ 2 Answers ]

I'm new to putting in a thermostat or working on anything like this, so please bear with me. I really appreciate any help you can give me with my problems. Ok, I have a thermostat that has only three wires attached to it. It has a red wire, a black wire, and a white wire. I have no clue ehat...

Wiring a new thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

How do I wire a White-Rogers thermostat (Model#1F82-261) to a Goodman Heat Pump (Model#CPKE30-18). I know red wire goes goes to "R" terminal, green wire goes to "G" teminal but I need to know about the white, the yellow, the light blue, and the brown wire. My heat pump is a single stage cooling and...

Wiring the whole thermostat? [ 2 Answers ]

Without realizing what I did I removed the old manual thermostat, and paid no attention to the wires locations on the thermostat before doing so .so I'm stuck with two yellows one red one blue one green and a black wire that's not been used ? How do I determine which wire goes where?

Need help with Thermostat wiring [ 4 Answers ]

I am having trouble figuring out the wiring for a new programmable thermostat installation. I am replacing a RobertShaw 9420 thermostat. I bought Honeywell RTH7500D programmable thermostats to replace it because I wanted a programmable thermostat. I have central AC and a heat pump. The curret...

Thermostat wiring [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all, great site! My problem is that we only have 3 wires coming up to our thermostat. We are installing central air and I was wondering if it is possible to wire the thermostat with only 3 wires?? Thanks :D

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.