Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sodian Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2006, 09:21 AM
    Temptrol shower valve leaking from diverter
    I have a 1985 vintage Temptrol shower valve, model A, that is leaking from diverter. When I turn the handle I get a burst of water from the hole where the diverter handle plugs in. I have a parts breakdown list but it looks like a newer model. Can mine be repaired?
    Thanks
    iamgrowler Posts: 1,421, Reputation: 110
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2006, 09:34 AM
    This should do the trick.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 15, 2006, 03:00 PM
    As usual Growler came up with the correct solution. Pehaps this may help a bit,(see image) Don't forget to flush the supplies out when you have the valve apart. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leaking shower diverter valve [ 15 Answers ]

We have a three knob shower system. When the water runs into the tub a significant amount of water runs out of the central diverter valve (?correct term) knob. When this is turned water is diverted to the shower head. How does one determine how to remove and replace the diverter assembly, or could...

Symmons Temptrol Shower/Tub Handle - [ 1 Answers ]

I printed off the internet the part breakdwon to my tub/shower one-dial Symmons Temtrol kit as I am trying to stop a slow leak out oif the tub faucet. I removed the screw and cap - and I can't get the handle off - is it hyst suppoosed to pull off once the screw is removed? That is how the...

New Diverter Valve not working [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I have read a couple of the threads on diverter valves and thought I might ask this question for some help. Ok here is the background on the problem and how we went about solving it. First this is a house that was built in 1971 so nothing new. The bathroom on the main floor has a three...

Leaking diverter valve and shower head [ 1 Answers ]

I have a leak in my tenants apt. (2 family house). I do not know when it started, found it when they moved out. Water was leaking continuously from the shower head... the diverter valve knob is missing and if you use a screwdriver, you can "divert" the leak from the shower head to the faucet. It...

Shower diverter valve sticking [ 5 Answers ]

Howdy, hope someone can give me some advice on this sticky problem I'm having. Just recently the diverter knob (it's a pull-out type) has been sticking a bit, not pulling out all the way. The result is the water comes out of both the tub faucet AND the shower head, at half-pressure from both. It...

View more questions Search