Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    singh_neha513 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2006, 09:20 AM
    Buzz Marketing
    What Is Buzz Marketing? I Have To Make A Slide Presentation So How I Make It Impresive?
    aleish Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Nov 20, 2006, 09:53 AM
    Buzz marketing is a viral marketing technique that attempts to make each encounter with a consumer appear to be a unique, spontaneous personal exchange of information instead of a calculated marketing pitch choreographed by a professional advertiser.

Historically, buzz marketing campaigns have been designed to be very theatrical in nature. The advertiser reveals information about the product or service to only a few "knowing" people in the target audience. By purposely seeking out on-on-one conversations with those who heavily influence their peers, buzz marketers create a sophisticated word-of-mouth campaign where consumers are flattered to be included in the elite group of those "in the know" and willingly spread the word to their friends and colleagues.

Although buzz marketing is not new, Internet technology has changed the way it's being used. Buzz campaigns are now being initiated in chat rooms, where marketing representatives assume an identity appropriate to their target audience and pitch their product. Personal Web logs (blogs) are another popular media for electronic buzz marketing campaigns; advertisers seek out authors of the "right kind of blog" and trade product or currency for promotion. Instant messaging (IM) applications are also being looked at as a vehicle for carrying out buzz marketing campaigns with either humans or IM bots doing the pitching.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Transformer buzz on heat pump [ 4 Answers ]

We just got a new heat pump/furnace/airconditioner installed (Trane) and you can hear the "buzz" of the transformer on the outside unit all of the time. Our old unit did this, but I always assumed it was because it was getting old and something was wrong. Is this normal? And why is the...

Loud buzz in CB panel when A/C turns on [ 4 Answers ]

Each time my central A/C turns on, there is a loud buzz for less than a second from the CB panel, then the A/C comes on and runs just fine. The A/C is a new unit, but I recall hearing the buzz with my old unit for many years and thought it was related to that. I have 200A service but the panel...

Kenmore dryer 96284810 buzz [ 1 Answers ]

:mad: kenmore dryer with buzzing sound even before pressing start button , once th door is closed.

Loud buzz when central A/C starts [ 1 Answers ]

Each time my central A/C starts, there is a loud buzz for 1 second. The unit is new and works fine - just wondering if this is unusual. I've been told its probably the relay sending power out to the outside condenser. Anyone else familiar with this?

Lights with dimmer switches buzz [ 2 Answers ]

The lights in our house that are controlled with dimmer switches all seem to have a faint buzzing sound when turned on. Does anyone know why this is?

View more questions Search