CAWAVE2006 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2006, 08:51 AM
    Paternity Test.
    What happends if after 6 1/2 years my child is not mine?:confused:
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 15, 2006, 08:58 AM
    From a legal stand point it depends on the state,

In some states if the child is listed on the birth certificate and has been for a certain number of years the parent on the birth certificate is considered the legal father,

But you have raised the child for 6 1/2 years ( assuming you are married to the mother and was raising the child) * you really did not give much info here.

But if you have raised the child up to that point, I would say they are your child emotionally and will always be.

So what is your question, child support, divorce court, paying for rthe child's college. Can you please explain your specific situation more

Oct 15, 2006, 09:02 AM
    Well emotionaly I would like to know. I am in CA, she told me in that it was mine, later she said that she was not mine, and she was like this on and off, until divorce. So I really don't know, now I have a baby girl with my new wife, and my baby look just like me.

Oct 15, 2006, 09:55 AM
    Fr_Chuck, thank you!!

Oct 19, 2006, 08:13 AM
    Does Anybody Have More Info?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2006, 09:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by CAWAVE2006
    What happends if after 6 1/2 years my child is not mine?:confused:
    Hello CAW:

Well, you can walk away, or you can stay. Whaddya want to know?

excon

PS> If it were me, I wouldn't want to know. He/she thinks I'm dad. I think I'm dad. That makes me dad. Doesn't matter who screwed who 6 years ago.

excon

Oct 26, 2006, 08:21 PM
    Well, sadly my child has been infectect by her crazy mom. I am currently waiting for paternity test results.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Oct 27, 2006, 07:03 PM
    Your post doesn't include a lot of information so it's hard to answer your question without asking some more. Why do you think, after 6 1/2 years, that the child in question is not yours? Are/were you married to the mother at the time of birth? If so, then legally you are the father and no paternity test is needed. Have you been paying child support? If so, then there must have been some legal establishment of paternity ; most commonly would be a signed affidavit on your part, stating that you are the father and that you accept all the rights and responsibilities inherent within. Again, that makes you legally the father so no paternity test is necessary. Why are you now raising this question? Is the mother trying to deny you your paternal rights by claiming that you are not the father and trying to get you to submit to a paternity test to prove that you aren't? If that's the case and you don't want to give up your rights, then as long as legal precedent is on your side (such as being married to the mother at the time of birth or having signed an affidavit) then you can't be compelled to give up your rights and you don't have to submit to any paternity test. Don't worry about nature, just go right on being a dad and let the mother stew about it if she wants. She let you believe you were the dad for 6 1/2 years, so let her live with it now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Paternity Test / Child Support / Custody [ 13 Answers ]

I got pregnant in January of 2005 by a guy I had been with for about 7 months. As soon as I said the word, he demanded I have an abortion and he was out the door. I couldn't go through with the abortion, and I had considered adoption but in the end I couldn't do that either. I had the baby 5 weeks...

What's the diff between diaelectric test and insulation test [ 1 Answers ]

I am puzzled, What exactly is the difference between diaelectric test and insulation test. Some says it the same, but others says it's because one applied power to perform the test the latter don't. And some says both are using power but one is using AC power and the other using Dc power. There...

Paternity test proves NO [ 11 Answers ]

:cool: Hey: Need some advise. My 20 yr old son was ordered to take DNA paternity test while in jail. The results came back NEGAVTIVE. He is not the biological father. (in writing,on paper) The court has jurisdiction and now wants him to take another test

Paternity... dna test proved I'm not father [ 2 Answers ]

Well this is definitely one of the most tragic things i have been through. Of course im not happy with the final results but i am in a downhill battle because of it. I found out after 4 1/2 years of paying child support that i am not the father of my child. I haven't seen the child in almost...

View more questions Search