Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2006, 08:12 AM
    Cd Rom, Cd driver, Cd writer driver
    I have never had any problems with this before. I used to be able to save data, music, pictures and etc on my cd writer. I tried saving some pictures that I have recently gathered with our new baby and while my wife was pregnant. So I tried everything. The writer does not do anything. Does not bring up any options when I put the blank cd in. I went to the control panel and checked out the hardware. They say they can not run it because there is missing info from the registry. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it but no luck. Tried getting a new program off the internet. No luck.

It is an Hp Pavilion 7850

I do not understand why all of a sudden it is a problem. I do have system restore should I try this to see if it resolves the problem.

Thank you in advance.

Joe
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2006, 08:15 AM
    Did you recently uninstall any programs?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Driver [ 1 Answers ]

I have a epson printer epson STYLUS PHOTO 785EPX THE computer went down and my Cd for the driver I LOST and can't find a driver that I can download for xp I check the web for the driver and cannot find it. :-[

Screw driver [ 1 Answers ]

I have an electrition's screw driver, hand powered, 7 two sided hexigonal bits, (making 14 tips) that I would like to get more of. The bits rest in the end that pulls out and will seat up in the interior of the handle. When you pull the end in or out, it sounds almost hydrolic. The butt of the...

Unable to detect ATAPI IDE CD ROM---device driver [ 1 Answers ]

Hello... During start up of my computer I get the following message: (Atapi IDE CD Rom driver version v123b. Error unable to detect ATAPI IDE CD ROM---device driver not loaded). The Cd Rom does not show up in device manager unless I start computer in safe mode. I went into safe mode and deleted...

CD ROM driver [ 1 Answers ]

I recently had my CD driver replaced. It worked fine for a few weeks, then :-/, but now when I start up I get this message:"unable to detect ATAPI IDE CD ROM---device driver not loaded." What's up with this? Do I need to replace the driver again? I have defragmented, scanned the disc, and ran...

View more questions Search