Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tolongapong Posts: 10, Reputation: 0

Jul 5, 2009, 03:40 AM
    How do rock climbing shoes work?
    Does anyone know how rock climbing shoes work? Like what makes them be able to stick to rocks so good? I heard it was because of type of rubber they use is different then normal? But I'm not really sure if that's it?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2009, 03:53 AM
    Yes they do work. You are correct that the rubber is "sticky" but it's also because of the way the rubber is positioned: from the sole it extends around the sides, which gives more grip. It's a nice combination of "feel", protection, and performance.
    frangipanis Posts: 1,027, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2010, 04:05 AM

Just bought my first pair of rock climbing shoes and love them! They need to be a snug fit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Snakes Climbing [ 9 Answers ]

Can snakes climb up a flat surface like the side of a brick house? My husband says yes. I claim no. Help us out!

Climbing Half Dome in Yosemite [ 2 Answers ]

How does this experience compare to, let's say, climbing Mt.Washington in New Hampshire? I went to a web page and saw people clinging on to a cable, some appeared in plain hiking shoes too. Looks dangerous. Where can I sign up for a group that would go together, and is there outdoor camping or...

Shoes too big [ 4 Answers ]

OK I recently bought 2 very cute pairs of peep toe shoes from steve madden website. I normally wear a size 9.5 but sometimes their shoes don't fit properly and I would have to get a 10. So I decided to be on the safe side and get a 10 in both pairs. They fit good, but the only issue is that there...

Tree Climbing [ 4 Answers ]

I'd like to know a simple way to get a rope over high branches, say 60-80 feet high. Any ideas ?

Preventing walking pests from climbing legged furnatures [ 4 Answers ]

How do I preventing walking pests (e.g. ants) from climbing legged furnatures (table)? Would rubbing some petroleum jelly on the lower portion of the table prevent the ants from climbing?

View more questions Search