Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jainzburg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2009, 01:42 AM
    ETTERCAP Network Interface
    Hi,
    I've installed EttercapNG-0.7.3-Win32. However, I could not find any network interface under the drop down box.
    Please help.

chuckhole Posts: 850, Reputation: 45

Jul 13, 2009, 07:25 AM

Most sniffers will allow you to choose which network card you want to listen on. You may have multiple network adapters installed on your computer in addition to the standard Local Area Network connection. You may have a Bluetooth adapter, a VPN adapter, a WiFi adapter, a Firewire adapter or the software may also install a "promiscuous" network monitoring driver as well. Regardless of how this one works, a reboot is almost ALWAYS required after installing any type of network sniffing software.
    ooilayim Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2009, 05:44 PM

Thanks, I have a LAN and a Wifi connected at same time. How do I go about? I still couldn't locate any Network interface. I keyed in ettercap -I but no interface found. I reboot many times but seems like helpless.

Is it okay if I sent to you the print screen via email? Can I have your email? I had sleepless nights because of this.

Please help me. TQ
    chuckhole Posts: 850, Reputation: 45

Jul 22, 2009, 11:32 AM

I looked at the ETTERCAP screenshots. Talk about old stuff.

Take a look at free tool called WireShark. It is not the old DOS based utility like ETTERCAP.
    hhjj Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2012, 07:01 PM
    The list will appear when you run ettercap as root or with sudo ettercap -G

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pvc to copper interface [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to disconnet my hot water heater. There is a copper to pvc interface (connection) with a copper band around the end of the pvc. How do I disconnect this joint?

Web user interface [ 4 Answers ]

I've got a us robotics 9112 I can access the user interface via the usb use the net but when I connect the ethernet cable I can't access the user interface at 192.168.0.1 so I can't browse the web either!

Sniffing with ettercap [ 1 Answers ]

Hi pals I wanted to know about how to sniff my network using ettercap I am basically using ettercap 4 windows some times it gets hanged! So please help me out and am looking forward for suggestons on making sense of the data in the packets really!

View more questions Search