Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bchougule Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2003, 06:57 PM
    Aircraft emission
    How and why are two lines of cloud formed by airoplanes. What type of airoplane engines cause this(is it is caused only by war planes or do commercial planes too emit this parallel clouds?
    evo8 Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Aug 21, 2008, 02:52 PM
    It's called a con. (condensation)trail. It's from hot exhaust gasses from the engine hitting the cold, High altitude air forming tiny water droplets.
    grizzly007 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2008, 07:51 AM

I live directly in line with a the main runway at an International airport and about 8 Km from it. We see a yellow substance on our cars and laundry. Could this be from pollution of the aircraft?
    FlyYakker Posts: 378, Reputation: 41

Dec 8, 2008, 09:06 AM

Possibly, but they've cleaned up particulate matter from jet engines quite a bit over the past years. Also 8 km is a good way out and one would not think that any jet emissions would be so concentrated at that distance (i.e. the planes would be at such an altitude) as to leave noticeable residue. There are other possible sources, or a combination of sources - including cars, trains , industrial activities, and even plants (e.g. certain trees at certain times of the year), etc. that could be contributing to the residue. Look around your local environment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Naval aircraft mechanic cannot get his car started [ 81 Answers ]

So I bought a 1992 honda civic DX auto and after a week of buying it, it crapped out on me. It would crank, but would not fire up. Immediately I began troubleshooting. I checked for spark and there was none when I grounded the plugs against the frame several times while my friend cranked it. Next I...

Aircraft emission [ 6 Answers ]

How and why are two lines of cloud formed by airoplanes. What type of airoplane engines cause this(is it is caused only by war planes or do commercial planes too emit this parallel clouds?

Another emission of odor from shower drain [ 1 Answers ]

I have foul odor coming from the bathroom which sweeps through my apartment. I have a stacked washer/dryer combo in my bathroom, along with the shower, sink, and toilet. The sink and toilet have traps installed. The washer and dryer do not, I have been told by the building manager. He stated...

View more questions Search