Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ugen9 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2009, 12:45 PM
    Upstairs air conditioning not working downstairs it works
    Air conditionig upstairs quit working downstairs its working OK. I checked the fuses outside they are OK. The fans outside are rotating OK. What else I should look for? Anybody can help me. Its very hot!!
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jul 4, 2009, 07:02 PM
    Is your upstairs air handler working? We need to hear more on the names /brands type of fuel used to heat,, model number off airhandler and ac unit
    ugen9 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2009, 04:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by wmproop View Post
    is your upstairs air handler working? we need to hear more on the names /brands type of fuel used to heat,,,model number off airhandler and ac unit
    Its frigidaire model. Looks like air is coming through the vents but not cooling,downstairs cool air comes through the vents
    mgroberson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2012, 07:29 PM
    What is an air handler??
    jbmeek Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2012, 10:37 AM
    Our home is doing the same think- blowing downstairs but not cool and cool upstairs working fine. Dual Zone AC. What did you find to be the problem!
    thermalmedics Posts: 153, Reputation: 13

Jun 29, 2012, 10:21 PM
    What is an air handler?

answer

You guys are going to have to do a little leg work to get some answers. Find out what motors are working and which are not. Are all working? Do you know what should be working.

If you want to save the $$ you have to learn a little or wait for the 'bad news' from you friendly local A/C co
    Josephchue Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2012, 04:38 AM
    My York Diamond 80 furnace 2 stage heating and a/c . Upstair is working but downstair wasn't. I check there is only one motor blower. When I turn my thermostate the condenser fan and compressor kick in but there was no air blowing down from my ceiling vent. Is there 2 separate blower but when I check there was only one unit that work the upstiair and downstair, can anyone help thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Upstairs and downstairs bathroom outlets not working [ 2 Answers ]

I noticed the one outlet in my upstairs bathroom stopped working. I thought it was just the actual outlet and planned on replacing it. However, I then noticed that the downstairs bathroom outlet is also not working. Lights in each bathroom work but only the outlets are not working. The...

Aerial works downstairs but not upstairs [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Not sure if I have posted this on the right section but basically I could do with some help on the following: I have just moved into a rented house and we could only pick up a few scaty channels on freeeview, after some investigaing we found out that we needed a power supply for the amp...

Upstairs vs Downstairs Air Conditioning Settings [ 3 Answers ]

My upstairs aircondition is set to 78 and the downstairs is set to 76 which I believe is correct. Issue is that upstairs seems much colder then 78 although the temp on the unit indicates otherwise. So my question is first, are the two degrees the appropriate settings and second, if it does seem...

Heating working upstairs but not downstairs! [ 1 Answers ]

When I turn on our gas fired central heating all the radiators upstairs heat up and work as normal. However, every radiator downstairs is cold. There are 2 thermostats 1 for up and 1 for down but I haven't touched either of them? Is it a fuse or is the gas boiler itself?

View more questions Search