Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nmv524 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2009, 09:28 AM
    my computer is not letting me download anything.
    I tried downloading internet explorer 8 and it will not let me, the run box doesn't even show up and when I click the link it does nothing. Also tried downloading the active x control and it does the same thing... what do I do?
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jul 4, 2009, 09:33 AM
    How old is your machine? Do you have an ISP? (If you posted this from your own machine, then that answers that question.) Do you have administrator privileges on your machine? This is usually required in order to download software. How does your machine function otherwise? A little more info would be helpful.
    nmv524 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2009, 09:37 AM
    Not sure how old it is. I did post from my own machine. Has windows xp and I am the administrator on the machine. Seems to run very slow also. Even the internet.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jul 4, 2009, 10:11 AM
    Is your internet dial-up or broadband? Try running disk cleanup followed by disk defragmenter. These are located under Accessories in your Windows menu. It will take a while, particularly if you've never done it before. In each case you want to clean up and defragment your C drive which is your hard drive. If that doesn't help then speak with a computer technician. Also, make sure your administrator settings allow you to download software ; make sure you haven't unwittingly set your machine to not allow downloads.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer won't download [ 3 Answers ]

My computer will not let me download anything. It says the security will not let it, (do not understand) did not change anything in settings, and was downloading things before help

My computer won't download anything. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2006 Hp laptop (vista home premium). Geek squad downloaded everything I need on the computer when I bought it. They did not give me any cds with computer but recovery cds and windows update. It had problems (virus) so I had to recover it to factory settings. Everything was working fine on...

Computer will not download anything. [ 1 Answers ]

My computer is being wonky. Ok, so I'm not really good a computers... but, I cannot download anything at all! I try to download, and it gives me the option of "save" or "run" (usually) and I usually click run. It downloads, really fast, but then the box goes away and nothing happens. I use Windows...

Can't download pdf to computer [ 3 Answers ]

I have a new e-machines computer with XP home, AMD Sempron processor and Norton security. I have had problems with e-mail attachments stopping in the middle of loading, but if I stopped and restarted it would download no prob. Recently I have been trying to download a pdf for work and no matter...

Legality of letting people download Free MP3's [ 3 Answers ]

What are the consequences of letting people download mp3's for free. Even though the artist is foreign and is dead? THank you!!

View more questions Search