Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jul 4, 2009, 12:20 AM
    Bats dying
    I noticed this spring there were a lot more mesquites and bugs. I usually see bats flying around at night and a decent amount. I noticed I didn't see any Bats at all this year. Today I picked up the paper and there is a big article on th bats in Pa. that have a white nose fungus on it and is killing it and they don't know what it is. A pic in paper shows 30 or so bats dead on the ground in the snow and they are leaving the caves to early. Out of 9 species of bats found in Pa.5 of the species may disappear. The paper states that within 2 to 3 years thees bats will be extinct in Pa. I think this is a very serious thing for farming etc. At What level of impact will this be for us that the paper is not telling us?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jul 4, 2009, 01:36 PM

My son has still seen and heard the bats at night here in Ohio. Apparently that disease has not reached Ohio. We have around 4 or 5 bats that come around our home and eat the bugs in the late night hours.
    binx44 Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 88
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2009, 07:06 AM

An impact on people would possibly be an increase in bugs... I've yet to hear about this fungus.. do you have a link I could look at
    * I have a degree in wildlife and forestry conservation and science and am going to conservation officer college*

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My sea monkeys keep dying [ 3 Answers ]

I have to do a science project in school. For my project I need sea monkeys. I keep doing the steps right and they always live for a couple days then die. What do you think the problem is ?:confused:

Bats [ 3 Answers ]

How would be the best way to get bats out of attics?

Bats in the attic.what would you do? [ 32 Answers ]

If you signed a lease to rent a house, and three weeks after you moved in, you discovered a huge colony of bats living in the attic and since moving you have also had a slew of unexplained medical problems. What would you do if the landlord refused to fix the problem?

Bats in the belfry [ 5 Answers ]

Does anyone know anything about bats causing health issues... like Chlamydia?

View more questions Search