Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shayi98 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2009, 08:43 PM
    I cant do a toe touch or the splits and a toe touch is required
    :mad::mad::(:(what can I do will some one please help me I only have until August I can't do the splits and I really really want to be a cheerleader some people say that the splits are required to do a toetouch is this true I want to make the tates creek middle school cheerleading team and a toe touch is required all of my friends can do a toe touch but I can't help me please give me some tips and please don't say strecth or I need to learn to do the splits but its hope less I need to learn how to do a amazingly high toe touch help help help please help help help please (thanks.. :D) oh yeah and I'm in 6th grade
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2009, 08:47 PM
    Practice... and I know you don't want to hear it but 'stretch' :D
    shayi98 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2009, 08:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Dahlia View Post
    Practice... and I know you don't want to hear it but 'stretch' :D
    Thanks but I'll just wait for someone else to anser my question right
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2009, 08:59 PM

Good idea
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2009, 09:19 PM

Practice and stretching are the only ways that you will get better. There is no short cut. Put forth the effort and you will see improvement.
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2009, 09:32 PM

Are you a good when remembering moves to a cheer? You should YouTube different cheer routines and memorize them so during tryouts you can show off while you "warm up".

I was a cheerleader in High School - funny, but I was a horrible dancer, good at the gymnastic stuff, but a horrible dancer.

Stretching and practicing is always a great thing to do to get better. You can also do some Yoga and Pilates to keep you limber.

Good luck. Enjoy. Have fun. Be positive.

Beee Aggressive Be Be Aggressiveee!

Sarah
    all smiles Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2009, 06:37 AM

V-snaps, leg lifts are good. Don't look at the floor while you jump and always point your toes and smile. :) Cheerleading isn't all about jumping and dancing. You should be lifting weights to increase you strength! Good luck
    rg_123 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2009, 09:11 AM

Ressistance stretching it works :D
    _thougthlessdork Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2010, 04:33 PM

I'm sorry but stretching and practice are the only way, there are no shortcuts to flexibility. However, you can get it down by then. It took me two months, to get a full one to the ground, and toe touches, you REALLY need to work on your middle split then, that one takes a lot of work. You can still base and stuff for Middle School Cheering, it's not that special, but it prepares you. If not, join a squad out of school? They usually don't require splits, just prefer.
    rosebud123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2010, 01:16 PM
    Like everyone's said, there's no shortcut to a toe touch. Cheerleading is hard work, and that's all, if all you want is a shortcut then don't bother trying out.
    CHEERcutie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2011, 12:50 PM
    I'm a cheerleader for my high school, and toetouches are required for our tryouts. To get a good touch you really should working on stretching your leg muscles. And do 20 kicks on each leg twice a day. This is a good way to get your legs used to going up high. v-snaps are amazing too! They may hurt but they are definitely worth it! :) I do agree with rosebud123, if you want a short cut then don't bother trying out. You have to work at cheer. Haha but goodluck with tryouts! If you have any questions feel free to email me.
    PEACEloveCHEER,
    Brittany*

**[email protected]**

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What should I do if the guy I am with says he wants to touch me? [ 6 Answers ]

This guy that I am really close to (and we are pretty much in a relationship and have been for a couple years now) seems to have a new interest in me. We spend lots of time together and when we do sometimes he says he wants to touch me. I don't know what to say to him though because I know its...

My Ex getting in touch [ 162 Answers ]

Hi Guys, Im new to this site so please bear with me! A couple of years ago I dumped my ex g/f because she was thinking of moving away, in my haste I ended the relationship and it took me nearly six months to make things right again. We had a good two years but this year has been very tough...

I think keep n touch is the key! [ 3 Answers ]

I think this No Contact thing is fine for a wee while, but after a while when you really want your ex back you have to keep in touch with him and find out if you can change his mind by attrating him back to you. You have to do this in subtle ways and you must not do this to soon, you will feel when...

Almost everything I touch. [ 1 Answers ]

I know that my entire "father's" family was hereditary black mages and that my mom's family dates back to shaman and witch doctors. I am "awakened" in the sense of black magic because of my uncle. Although out of my entire father's family he is the only one who helps people with his. Usually he...

Touch me not cat! [ 3 Answers ]

Our 6 month old male kitten wich we raised from birth with much love does not like to be touched,petted or held. He is not afraid and comes near, "talks", and does "tricks" to get your attention. If you reach out to try to pet him ,he scoots away. No one has ever done anything to cause this strange...

View more questions Search