Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2009, 06:16 PM
    4th of July what u going to do?
    My favorite holiday and it looks like I might have to watch fireworks on phantomfireworks.com or something. Thanks to global freezing I am wearing a winter army jacket!
    AND it will probably rain on my picnic too!

IF it was going to be nice and hot I WOULD be sitting right in that spot by that barge and railroad tracks right past where the top of the incline is. They shoot the fireworks from off the barge so my spot is as front row seat as it gets other than being on the barge itself.
    ANOTHER 4th down the drain for me!

BLAH!!

Interactive Fireworks games at Phantom Fireworks
    Attached Images

Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Jul 3, 2009, 06:30 PM

Awww NOhelp, pictures of home... my heart is in Pittsburgh dear, been on that incline car in the dead of winter, it is COLD!
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2009, 06:32 PM

MY heart wants Out of here it is always so cold and gray and damp any more!

I remember when August was the hottest month of the summer and now the entire summer is soooo cold, drab and miserable I want to cry!
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jul 4, 2009, 02:32 AM

Cool site N0Help... I did the Pyramid one ;)

Get yourself a nice big jacket, a sleeping bag, a blanket, a doona, a raincoat and get your butt down there!
    Business Expert

Jul 4, 2009, 02:53 AM

Lady Liberty Fireworks
    Uber Member

Jul 4, 2009, 04:16 AM

Thank you that was perfect.
    I had so many fireworks going at one time
    :D
    passmeby Posts: 473, Reputation: 11

Jul 4, 2009, 10:28 AM

Boo! I have to work, so no fireworks for me! My husband and kiddos are going to a party though, whilst I toil away.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jul 4, 2009, 10:32 AM

:cough: sick day :cough:

:p
    passmeby Posts: 473, Reputation: 11

Jul 4, 2009, 10:38 AM

LOL, I wish!
    Uber Member

Jul 4, 2009, 08:56 PM

UPDATE:

I went and I sat on the river bank and I was right under the fireworks.
    They usually don't let anybody past the railroad tracks but I guess they checked to make sure no train was going to come.
    Business Expert

Jul 4, 2009, 11:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    UPDATE:

They usually don't let anybody past the railroad tracks but I guess they checked to make sure no train was going to come.
    So, you had fun anyway... I'm glad hon. WE did too, lots of fireworks, burgers, drink and friends and the rain stopped about a half hour prior to the fireworks too. Cleared up nicely... :)
    Uber Member

Jul 4, 2009, 11:08 PM

That's great. They didn't have it near as nice this year. None of the military, no hot air balloon and the bands weren't that great.

There are at least two others here that say they have been in Moon Pa maybe you have mutual friends.
    Business Expert

Jul 5, 2009, 01:24 AM
    thats great. They didn't have it near as nice this year. None of the military, no hot air balloon and the bands weren't that great.

There are at least two others here that say they have been in Moon Pa maybe you have mutual friends.
    Interesting, who are they?
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2009, 08:28 AM

450donn and KBC but I haven't seen KBC on in a long time. I am sure he said he lived in or near Mooncrest briefly
    Business Expert

Jul 5, 2009, 09:20 AM
    450donn and KBC but I haven't seen KBC on in a long time. I am sure he said he lived in or near Mooncrest briefly
    Yes I remember KBC saying he was from Western Pa. either originally or at some point. He is now in the Chicago suburbs, like you, I haven't heard from him for a while.

Didn't know about 450donn...

{{{{Idea}}}} :eek::rolleyes: Why don't you start don't you start a thread asking people if;

Do they know where The Dark Side of the Moon is? Are they from the vicinity?

Have they ever been in the area? Experiences relative to the area.. Etc?

Roll with it...

(I... Like... it)

Offer tours :) (Kidding here)
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2009, 09:19 AM
    UPDATE:

Remember LAST YEAR when Twinkledooter said THIS YEAR you and I were invited to her house for the 4th and I said I'd pick you up on my way through Pennsylvania?

Well - I never heard from her this year so I don't think she really meant it.

So I went to a local fireworks display where I got a cell phone call from my dog sitter who said to come home because my German Shepherd was in a panic from the noise so I did. And I spent the night comforting a 130 pound dog who was petrified.

Next year I'm going to Twinkies - with my dog. Still want me to pick you up?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

She's going to turn 16 and I'm going to turn 18 three days after is this illegal? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, Like the heading says. She's going to be 16 and I'm going to be 18 is this illegal to date. Are we able to do things like hug or kiss? Please help.

Happy 4th of JULY [ 2 Answers ]

What are you guys doing?we are going to the marina and going picknicking. Any other picknics? Homadefireworks? What's everyone doing? Ps HAPPY 4th of July! Happy Independence day.

ARM adjusting in July 08 [ 1 Answers ]

Can somebody help me understand and figure this out. I have called my Mortgage Company and asked them what the new payment will be and all they say is we will be getting the new rate and payment in the mail about a month before it takes effect. I would like to know now so I can make adjustments...

Happy 4th of July [ 9 Answers ]

Everyone here have a safe and Happy 4th of July, Independence Day!

On H1 since July 06, with wife on H4 [ 15 Answers ]

Hi, I have been in the US since 15th July 06. My wife's here with me on H4. I was not in the US either in 2005 or 2004 - so does this mean that I need to file as a non resident? Some of the other posts indicate that I can wait a bit longer to file and gain the resident status - is my...

View more questions Search