Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bruce_crock Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2006, 10:25 PM
    Day & Night forced air heater keeps blowing cold air
    Yesterday my heater was working as normal.

Today I replaced the filter in my Day & Night forced air heater. Later I bumped my thermostat when walking by it, but I'm not certain that this caused the problem.

My heater turned on and blew hot air. I turned it all the way down, but the fan kept blowing hot air (for about an hour). Eventually, I decided to throw a breaker to turn it off, hoping that turning it back on would reset. Unfortunatlely, when I turned it back on, the fan kept blowing cold air, whether I turn it all the way up or all the way down.

So I replaced the thermostat thinking I might have broken it... but have the same result.

There is no "fan" switch on my thermostat. I haven't opened up my heater yet to inspect it.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
    Bruce.
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2006, 10:31 PM
    Best guess is. When you turned off the power to the furnace while the burners where running. The heat had no where to go and tripped a limit. I can't tell you which one or where. If it is a downflow fornace, it's probably the one in the blower compartment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heater Blowing Cold Air [ 5 Answers ]

Our Central Heating System has been on the "fritz" lately. It will work for a few hours, sometimes days kicking on and off like nomral then it will suddenly stop blowing warm air. The air is usually VERY cold, but its set on heat. There is a red light that usually starts flashing "em heat", we...

Forced air furnace blows cold at first... [ 7 Answers ]

Hi all, I found this forum full of helpful answers, so I'm hoping will be able to get some ideas on what could be wrong with my heating system. Iam using forced air furnace, that was working fine last year blowing hot air. However, this fall soon after turning it on, cycle starts but blowing...

Furnace sometimes blowing cold air [ 7 Answers ]

We bought a brand-new house in May 2002. This winter (I don't think it happened last winter) when it got really cold outside, the furnace blew cold air. When it warms up outside, it starts blowing warm again. We had someone come and look at it and he told us it had a 30 degree heat pump?? And when...

Gas forced air heater won't turn heat on [ 6 Answers ]

My honeywell thermostat electric, shows "filter" change light blinking and won't turn on the heater when turned up. The thermostat will 'click' when temp turned up and I can manually turn on the fan but no fire in the heater. The thermostat is 1 year old, filter changed

Forced air heater [ 1 Answers ]

Blows 3 amp fuse. After fuse blows fan comes on. Ignitor works prior to fuse blowing but no gas. One resistor on board appears to have black mark.

View more questions Search