Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jerieischillin Posts: 57, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2009, 01:47 PM
    Why am I getting dizzy?
    I keep getting dizzy.I told my grandma and my parents so they took me to a doctor.the doctor said I need more liquid water and more salt.I tried that.days or weeks later,it did not help.I was starting to get dizzy again and this time I wasn't over heated,nothing was wrong with my blood pressure.I am so scared to tell my parents because they might tell me to drink water and it doesn't help or they might not believe me this time.:(
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 3, 2009, 01:49 PM

Did the doctor do blood tests?

Are you sure you're drinking enough?

What type of foods do you eat? Do you eat regular, balanced meals?

You need to tell your parents, go back to the doctor and figure out what's going on. There could be a simple solution. Why suffer through this if you don't have to?

Good luck.

Jul 3, 2009, 01:55 PM

I drunk like about 2 or 3 bottles of water a day and I stopped caz I noticed it wasn't helping so I tried salt and that didn't help.and no they did not do blood test
    Pets Expert

Jul 3, 2009, 01:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jerieischillin View Post
    i drunk like about 2 or 3 bottles of water a day and i stopped caz i noticed it wasn't helping so i tried salt and that didn't help.and no they did not do blood test
    2 or 3 bottles of water a day isn't a lot.

You have to give it a chance to work, not just try it and then give up if you don't get immediate results.

What tests did your doctor do?

Jul 3, 2009, 02:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    2 or 3 bottles of water a day isn't alot.

You have to give it a chance to work, not just try it and then give up if you don't get immediate results.

They tested my blood sugar,and that was pretty much it

Jul 3, 2009, 02:02 PM

No,I didn't give up like the next day,I drunk water for like 3 or 4 something weeks I gave up caz nothing happened
    Pets Expert

Jul 3, 2009, 02:04 PM
    no,i didn't give up like the next day,i drunk water for like 3 or 4 something weeks i gave up caz nothing happened
    They tested your blood sugar and then recommended water and salt?

How much water did the doctor recommend? How much salt?

Were you drinking as much as the doctor suggested?

Jul 3, 2009, 02:08 PM

He didn't say,but all I know is when all of a sudden I think I'm cured,I feel light headed and I fell like I'm about to fall so I have to hold on to something but no one notices but me
    Pets Expert

Jul 3, 2009, 02:09 PM

Was your blood sugar too high or too low?

Did they check for diabetes?

Do you have a follow up appointment booked?

Something isn't making sense here.

Jul 3, 2009, 02:15 PM

It was fine,no,and no,but I did faint in church one time before because my blood sugar was too low and I was overheated
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 3, 2009, 02:15 PM
    Don't know where you live, but if you live anywhere hot like I do (Tennessee), you are getting dehydrated. You need more than 2, 3, or 4 bottles of water a day. It is recommended to drink 8 to 10 12ounce glasses of water a day, even up to a gallon a day.
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2009, 02:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty
    Did the doctor do blood tests?
    Quote Originally Posted by jerieischillin
    .and no they did not do blood test
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty
    Quote Originally Posted by jerieischillin
    they tested my blood sugar,and that was pretty much it
    ---How did they test for blood sugar without drawing blood.

I have a few questions:

Is it possible you are pregnant?
    Are you eating right?
    Do you get enough sleep?

Sarah
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2009, 02:17 PM

Granted, a pinch of salt to a glass of water will help with your dizziness symptoms, it's more of a home remedy than anything else. I suggest you go back to the doctor's and tell him/her that you're still feeling these symptoms, and perhaps he/she can help you further.

Jul 3, 2009, 02:19 PM

OK first,I am not pregnanat,second,I don't live no one near tennese,and third,ill try adding salt to water,but I don't think it'll work
    Pets Expert

Jul 3, 2009, 02:21 PM
    ok first,i am not pregnanat,second,i dont live no one near tennese,and third,ill try adding salt to water,but i dont think it'll work
    J9 didn't say if you live in Tennessee, she said "if you live somewhere as hot as Tennessee".

It sounds like you're dehydrated, and that can only be cured by drinking water.

Your body needs water to survive. If you're depriving yourself of water then you will get symptoms like dizziness.

How much water do you drink every day?
    Expert

Jul 3, 2009, 02:21 PM
    ok first,i am not pregnanat,second,i dont live no one near tennese,and third,ill try adding salt to water,but i dont think it'll work
    I don't mean you have to live near Tennessee, I'm just using that as an example for how hot it is here. Is it hot where you live? Do you eat properly?
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2009, 02:22 PM
    i dont think it'll work
    ... I hear this more times than I can remember... but how can you say that unless you try it? I admit, it is a home remedy... but it helps regulate the water in your body and thus it "may" help with your dizziness, sometimes better than aspirin. Try it for a few days, diligently, and if it works, great. If it doesn't, go back to the doc.

What do you have to lose other than some salt?

Jul 3, 2009, 02:24 PM

Well,I eat well no doubt,I'm not really dehydrated actually
    Expert

Jul 3, 2009, 02:57 PM
    well,i eat well no doubt,im not really dehydrated actually
    How do you know you aren't dehydrated? I hear this every night that I work in the hospital and guess what, the urine tests come back severely dehydrated.

You eat no doubt, duh you're alive! :p But do you eat the right kinds of foods at the right times of the day?

In the heat of the summer there is a delicate balance of your "hydration system." You MUST increase your fluid intake during the summer dramatically to stay well hydrated.

Quote Originally Posted by ISneezeFunny View Post
    Granted, a pinch of salt to a glass of water will help with your dizziness symptoms, it's more of a home remedy than anything else.
    Not really a home remedy Sneezy. Go back to Chemistry 101. Where NA goes... H2O goes. So, the more salt intake the higher the water retention.
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2009, 10:30 PM
    Arkansas?:D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Why am I dizzy? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 8weeks pregnant. I'm having dizzy spells. I have never had this with my other 3 pregnancies. I'm dizzy if I'm laying down, sitting up, or standing. I don't like being dizzy. My first obgyn appt is next week. Has anyone ever been dizzy while pregnant?Thank you!

Very dizzy [ 5 Answers ]

Hey So... Recently my throat has been hurting I am had a runny nose and losing my voice. I have a cold but no fever I guess? But I am SO SO SO SO dizzy! Like I turn my head and I get lightheaded. Is that normal to come with these symptoms?

Why Am I Dizzy? [ 2 Answers ]

So it's 8 days after my ovulation date, me and my significant other did the "dew" on the 5th, 3rd day before I ovulated... Now Im dizzy as heck all the time, my breasts are feeling funny but I don't want to sike myself out because my period is also due next week..? :confused:

Dizzy [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I'm 29yrs old and my dizzy spells are getting worst, I fainted a few times, I always had this problem but now its getting worst. Sometimes my heart beats fast and I sweat and I forget a lot in school or when someone talks to me. I lose balance a lot and I'm afraid to leave the house, this happen...

View more questions Search