Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Jul 3, 2009, 08:59 AM
    What devices have yo uused to get a prospect to see you?
    Please let me know some of the devices/tricks etc that you have used to get to see the person that is 'too busy' to see you... Sometimes you have to take the bull by the horns and you are at a point where something is called for that will get their attention...

Here's one that I used several years ago that worked, although obviously these things have to be handled carefully and possibly with 'tongue in cheek'...

I had been calling on this one account to get an appointment for some time and had spoken with the gentleman several times on the phone, began to build a little relationship... I had set two appointments that were canceled because he was way too busy.

On the third one I was sitting in his office waiting room and it was now 20 minutes past our appointment time... his receptionist told me that she was very sorry, but 'things' had come up and...

THIS time I decided to not let this happen... I brought 50 one dollar bills with me. I began to put these $1.00 bills under his door. Within 5 minutes the door opened, the person with him was on the floor picking up the money and he looked at me and smiled... He gave me, 20 minutes and I sold the account...

Stringer
    YoungHyperLink Posts: 152, Reputation: 13

Jul 3, 2009, 09:41 AM

Excellent! Did you learn it from Hippomenes?
    Business Expert

Jul 3, 2009, 09:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungHyperLink View Post
    Excellent! Did you learn it from Hippomenes?
    No, it was my own idea. And besides in Greek mythology Hippomenes won the race, however lost in the end...
    Business Expert

Aug 9, 2009, 08:07 PM

Surely others have ideas or have done something to get to that 'busy' prospect, any other ideas?

Stringer
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 9, 2009, 08:21 PM

He was "too" busy, I went outside to the window by his office and started holding up flyers and knocking on the window.
    Business Expert

Aug 9, 2009, 08:34 PM

He was "too" busy, I went outside to the window by his office and started holding up flyers and knocking on the window.
    HA HA..Chuck I love it !!!!! And what did he do, did he see you and did you sell him?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Logic Devices [ 19 Answers ]

P1010034.jpg picture by superutails - Photobucket What is 39 and 40?

Can 1 transformer run 2 devices? [ 5 Answers ]

I'm installing a humidifier in my home. On my furnace is a terminal to hook up a transformer, but there is already a transformer for a ventilation attached there. There is no external power close to the furnace. Can 1 transformer run both devices or can I hook up 2 24v transformers to the 1...

How microprocessor used in these devices [ 1 Answers ]

Problem: Investigate these 2 following devices their short history as well as microprocessors /microcontrollers used in order to perform their job. Please centre your answer to the evolvement of microprocessors/ microcontrollers used for these machines.

Hooking up Various Devices [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to hook up my DSL computer and router with my fax machine, answer machine, Dish satellite TV and another telephone. I was told I needed a splitter to do this. My internet connection works fine when the phone line from the router does directly into the phone jack. If I put the...

IDE Devices [ 5 Answers ]

Hi all, I'm planning on getting a new hard drive but I'm not sure if I'll have room for it in my PC. I'm not great with hardware so excuse me if I get some info wrong here. At the moment I have 4 IDE drives. 2 CD drives - one master, one slave, a hard drive (master) and a Zip drive (slave). ...

View more questions Search