Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    walt17 Posts: 335, Reputation: 28

Jul 3, 2009, 03:52 AM
    Cable modem
    I have a cable connection. Recently I have been losing internet connection. Typically 1-3 minutes. ISP has checked the lines and signal strength was good. Of course my connection was fine while the tech was here.

Does this problem sound like a modem issue? It's a Webstar (by Scientific-Atlantic) and only three years old. If not what else could I check?

I will have to buy a replacement modem so I prefer to eliminate other causes first. If this sounds like a modem issue, any recommendations on brands.

Computer is an HP media center.
    GrantHillsSA Posts: 405, Reputation: 9

Nov 4, 2009, 06:08 PM
    Hey there

Does the Modem loose connection or the PC.

Try updating the modem's firmware. Go to Manufacturer's website.
    Should be under Support/Downloads

Cheers
    Grant

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Cable modem keeps shutting down [ 1 Answers ]

I have internet service through time warner cable. The modem works for five days then shuts off (just two lights blinking) for four hours and comes back on just as though it was on a timer. The cable company said it's probably a power supply problem and to get a surge protector. Does that sound...

Wireless modem was cable is now dsl. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a netgear WGR614 wirless router. When I bought it I had cable internet. Now I have DSL. The router will not connect. The DSL modem was programmed and connected through my HP Pavilion dv6000 laptop. I have a Dell desktop unit also. Both computers run VISTA. I want the desktop to be...

Null Modem Cable [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! :) My name is Matt. Can You use a null modem cable to connect two individual computers via parallel ports and have one (host) connected to the internet via ethernet? It sounds logical, but I'm not sure if it would work. I'd really APPRECIATE SOME INPUT. Thanks :)

CABLE and Modem Router [ 11 Answers ]

Hi my buddys has a cable modem which she connects to the internet with, its got one USB and one ethernet port on the modem. Ive only seen t he modem through webcam so I couldn't play around, we were NOT able to connect 2 machines one through usb and the other through ethernet. The cable...

Cable Modem [ 8 Answers ]

Can a cable modem be connected to any wall jack that a TV works in any room? Or does the Cable modem need to be isolated back to the coax coming in from the street and a special splitter needed. Thanks

View more questions Search