Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kamalbhasin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2009, 12:16 AM
    Want a convert 220 Volt AC to 110 Volt AC to run a stream Iron
    I have the AC supply of 220Volt. But have received a stream iron which operates on 110 Volt AC. Can somebody suggest me how I can use this iron? If possible please let me know.

Thanks with warm regards,
    Kamal Bhasin
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2009, 04:45 AM
    Stop.

I am judging by the posters name that this is a located in a country that uses 220 volts only, and 110 volts is not standard voltage available.

A transformer rated in watts or volt-amps equal to or larger than the load of the appliance is needed.

Travel voltage converters may help:
    INTERNATIONAL VOLTAGE CONVERTER TRANSFORMER TRAVEL SIZE
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jul 3, 2009, 04:47 AM

Thanks TK,
    Missed that little fact and here by delete myself.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2009, 05:04 AM
    Don't delete yourself completely!

This is why it is so important that posters TELL US where they are located.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

110 volt versus 220 volt mini heat pump [ 6 Answers ]

I have enclosed my screened porch to create more living space(Florida Room). I am using a single zone mini split ductless heat pump for heating and cooling. It has been calculated that I need a 12,000 BTU unit. However, most of these units are available in 110 volts and 220 volts. The 220 models...

Assemble a 220 volt outlet from two 110 volt circuits [ 5 Answers ]

I need help making a temporary 220 volt outlet cord. I have the female 220 v receptacle and two extension cords. I need this to connect a window AC. The electrician cannot come until mid next week. It is very hot here. He told me to put one these cords together for a temporary fix. He warned...

Switching from a 110 volt to 24 volt thermostat [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 1950's era hot water boiler using the baseboard style radiator. There is only one zone in the entire home. I would like to switch to a programmable style thermostat to better manage the heating in the house. Is there a way I can switch to a 24 volt thermostat using a relay or switch? ...

Replacing a 240 volt outlet with a 120 volt oulet [ 1 Answers ]

We've switched to a central air conditioning system and no longer need the 240 volt outlet by the dining room window. The house was built in 1928, updated in 1957, and again a couple of ad hoc times thereafter. The wiring is at times very old, brand new or somewhat old. My guess is that the 240...

View more questions Search