Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tata85usa Posts: 43, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2009, 06:57 PM
    Ectopic pregnancy
    Signs, Symptoms of Pregnancy Outside the Uterus , did someone ever experienced ?
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2009, 07:55 PM

It would not be to far into a cycle, a matter of a few weeks. Excruciating pain followed by rupture, bleeding out and death. Happened to my friends 1st wife. She refused to see a doctor.
    kpangor Posts: 357, Reputation: 2

Jul 3, 2009, 04:00 PM
    From what I've read on the net... if you think you might be pregnant and experiencing the worst pain ever esp. On one side of the body, notify your doctor immediately!!

Jul 4, 2009, 10:48 AM

I am not experiencing lots of pain but sometimes one side
    Little bothering , especially when I have to get up
    Ultra Member

Jul 4, 2009, 03:29 PM

Could be due to implantation. You should contact your doctor.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 4, 2009, 05:41 PM
    Firstly, have you confirmed that you are pregnant?
    spiritcharms Posts: 230, Reputation: 30

Jul 5, 2009, 05:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tata85usa View Post
    Signs, Symptoms of Pregnancy Outside the Uterus , did someone ever experienced ?

Yes I have experienced it, if it wasn't for my supervisor at work then I wouldn't be still here today. She sent me to the hospital. I didn't even know I was pregnant.

It is excruiciating pain in either or both sides of the abdomen,usually only one side, but can get pain very low down in the pelvis area too, a griping pain that moves across and this is usually acompanied by pain in the shoulder, usually on the side of the which fallopian tube it is.

I had intermittant pain,but still excruitating, I very nearly collapsed at work,went to hospital and was rushed into theatre for a life saving operation. My tube was just about to rupture as I was almost 6 weeks gone. That is the longest you can survive an ectopic.

So please if you are experiencing any of these pains,symptons then don't hang about,get immediate medical attention.

Even without this pain I would suggest you go and see a doctor asap.

I don't wish to scare you, but like with anything else,especially when pregnant if you are experiencing something of concern, no matter what it is,then please don't ignore it, its much better to be safe than sorry!

It could just be normal pregnancy symptons, like implantation etc as already said here, but nobody knows for sure. There's been a few times in my life where I haven't been too sure about things,and either ignored it or acted too slowly and I have had to deal with the consequences.

How far pregnant are you?

Jul 5, 2009, 06:30 PM

First thank
    I am sure I am pregnant, I went to the doctor but she sad its to early to make ultrasound I am almost 6 week pregnant , I am not experience pain in lower abdomen, I am experience pain on top of the belly bottom, doctor sad it's a muscles , she ignored me when I asked again , in 23 rd I am going to the different doctor
    Thank you
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2009, 06:33 PM

Hon at 6 weeks you would know already... best wishes

Jul 5, 2009, 07:41 PM

Thank you
    spiritcharms Posts: 230, Reputation: 30

Jul 6, 2009, 05:20 AM

If its still bothering you,then don't wait until the 23rd, that's a long time to wait, where is your midwife?

I wouldn't worry about making a nusiance of yourself,because your not doing, some people just don't understand how worried you can feel,especially if its your first (how old are you?)

Anyway, if your not happy with the answers being given, then go and see somebody else about it, its probably nothing to worry about, but at least it can put your mind at rest.

Best of luck

Jul 6, 2009, 03:55 PM

I am 25 , no its not bothering anymore , I decide to wait if something will change I ll go
    lemarie Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2009, 03:07 AM

I've experienced ectopic and had no pain at all until I started treatment. Symptoms can vary for individual and the early stages. I felt dizzy, light headed and had bleeding 1 week after my period. Once discovered I was pregnant, I had blood tests but my HCG levels only increased very slowly, only after 3 ultrasounds did they discover the sac in the tube and treatmnet began. At 4/5 weeks I still had no pain.. but if left pain is inevidable as it cannot resolve itself. Advice- see a doctor.
    Expert

Aug 23, 2009, 03:17 AM
    Since this thread was started July 6, I am sure the OP has found out if she had an ecopic or not.

I would, though, like to hear back from the OP to find out what the diagnosis was.

Sep 1, 2009, 06:24 PM

Thank for helping, I am pregnant ( not ectopic ) almost 4 month
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2009, 06:33 PM

Congrats!!
    Expert

Sep 1, 2009, 06:45 PM
    I'm hoping this what you were hoping for... If that is the case. Congrats... If not, can we help you with any decisions you may have to make?
    Expert

Sep 1, 2009, 06:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by danielnoahsmommy View Post
    hon at 6 weeks you would know already...best wishes
    Not everyone knows at 6 weeks. For three of my pregnancies I did not know until 12 weeks... for the other pregnancy almost 20 weeks.
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2009, 06:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Not everyone knows at 6 weeks. For three of my pregnancies I did not know until 12 weeks....for the other pregnancy almost 20 weeks.
    J-9 I was referring to an ectopic pregnancy. One would know this by then!
    Expert

Sep 1, 2009, 06:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by danielnoahsmommy View Post
    J-9 I was reffering to an ectopic pregnancy. one would know this by then!
    In that case you are absolutely correct... if not 6 weeks then even before!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it possible that I could have an ectopic pregnancy [ 2 Answers ]

Okay I'm 20yrs. Old. Ive had 2 P.I.D's & one of which I have right now. I have all the symptoms of being pregnant but when I went to the ER my test come up negative. I got treated for my P.I.D, but am still having pregnant symptoms. I am now 2 weeks late on my period & I have NEVER been late...

Ectopic pregnancy [ 3 Answers ]

Dear all, I would definitely need your help.I was diagnosed for ectopic pregnancy on march 1st 2007 and so an emergency laparoscopy was done.But thankfully the doctor said there was no damage to both my tubes since the baby had come out of it naturally and it was more like a tubal abortion.hence...

Ectopic Pregnancy [ 2 Answers ]

I had a ectopic in May, and I got my first period but it is lasting forever it seems like, 13 days to be exact. Anybody know how long this will keep up?:(

She has had an ectopic pregnancy [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, my husband and I live in a very isolated part of Australia. There are a lot of young families here for work - Living away from their families and friends back on the coast. We have become close to another married couple, which has been nice for company and support. On Sunday my friend...

View more questions Search