Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fabman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2009, 06:41 PM
    How to wire a pool light transformer
    I was supplied with an Intermatic 120-12v transformer. There are no wiring connection diagrams. The transformer has 4 wires( bk, wh, bl and y)on one side and 2 black wires on the other side. How do you connect supply and the pool light to this?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2009, 08:24 PM

Any other useful info? Number, wattage or VA?

It could be a 12/24 transformer or even a 6/12 V transformer or even a 120/240 primary and a 12 V secondary.

Need a little more info like any numbers or markings on the transformer.
    hank69 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2011, 06:01 PM
    Numbers on transformer/ two black on one side bk,wh,bl,yl on the other side (120/12v 3000va . 9817)I am hooking it up to my AQua Plus automation and chlorination system control panel. Where do the wires go?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2011, 06:12 PM

Forget right off, but the 4 wires out may be Common, 12 Volts, 13, 14 out.
    The 2 Blacks(if they are smaller than the 4 wires)are your 120 Volts in.
    A Meter will determine the outputs, a lower voltage may save a little electric and extend bulb life.
    Pooltek Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

Dec 9, 2011, 12:58 PM
    The wiring diagram should be on the backside of the front panel, once you take it off. If it isn't, the two black wires are your low voltage connections and would be connected to the two wires coming from your pool light (it doesn't matter which goes on which). The green wire from the pool light would be connected to the ground bar in the transformer box.

On the other side, a 12V installation would mean connecting your 110V line voltage to the black wire, your white neutral to the white, and your ground wire to the same ground bar. The blue and yellow wires would be capped off individually with a wire nut. If you want to wire for 13V or 14V, connect your 110V line voltage to the yellow or blue, respectively, and cap off the black wire and the other unused color.
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Dec 9, 2011, 03:16 PM
    Pooltek, please check the dates of the posts you are replying to.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2011, 04:41 PM
    Pooltek, I missed it was an Intermatic, you are correct on this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HT Wire Delco furnace transformer? [ 1 Answers ]

IM WORKING ON A DELCO- HEAT CONDITIONAIR FURNACE. Model# DGH100B2, Serial- 414 I need to replace the transformer. How exactly do I wire up the new Transformer?

How do you wire a transformer [ 1 Answers ]

How do you wire a transformer

Transformer / how to wire afuse on the low voltage side [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Nordyne model E!EB-015HA furance, transformer burns out after 1 minute .It was suggested by one of your good people (can't find I.D. ) to add an inline fuse to the transformer so thefuse blows and not the transformer. Where do I wire the inline fuse. On the 24 v side or the 240 side, ...

Thermal zone pa36k-1s transformer wire diagram [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know the wire color and placement on the transformer please I have a red from thermostat,red,white and a black and a gray piggybacked

Looking for control wire on transformer [ 5 Answers ]

I am installing a new HONEYWELL T8601D2019 - it won't power on. I realize it needs a control wire connected to the C... I can not figure out which wire off my transformer is the control. I have three blue wires, a red, black, and white. Red, black and white are all connected to the unit in...

View more questions Search