Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    annette7 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2009, 02:24 PM
    Soy products
    I have heard that only fermented soy products are good for you and that other soy products change your hormones, make you fat and should not be given to males. Is this true?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2009, 02:47 PM

That is correct.
    The man made/man altered soys are not good because it messes up the balance of estrogen.

Some other things that can cause hormonal imbalance are
    Plastic bottles
    Meats --from the growth hormone injections given to animals
    Many household cleaning items and air fresheners
    Tap water
    Synthetic hormone pills such as birth control water (claimed to be how it is in the tap water)

You might be interested in this.

Genetic Roulette - Seeds of Deception

I do believe that many of the chemicals in foods are what is making Americans fat. MSG is put in foods to make you want more (remember the Lay's commercial, "Bet you can't eat just one''
    makapuu Posts: 304, Reputation: 63

Jul 4, 2009, 05:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by annette7 View Post
    I have heard that only fermented soy products are good for you and that other soy products change your hormones, make you fat and should not be given to males. Is this true?

I've heard the same thing about fermented soy, which would be soy sauce. Other soy products do have levels of natural estrogens, but I doubt it is enough to make you fat.
    lshadylady Posts: 73, Reputation: 6

Aug 4, 2009, 07:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    That is correct.
    the man made/man altered soys are not good because it messes up the balance of estrogen.

some other things that can cause hormonal imbalance are
    plastic bottles
    meats --from the growth hormone injections given to animals
    many household cleaning items and air fresheners
    tap water
    synthetic hormone pills such as birth control water (claimed to be how it is in the tap water)

You might be interested in this.

Genetic Roulette - Seeds of Deception

I do believe that many of the chemicals in foods are what is making Americans fat. MSG is put in foods to make you want more (remember the Lay's commericial, "Bet you can't eat just one''
    NoHelp4U:

I agree 100%.Except for one thing. When I was having some hormone problems and hot flashes, in spit of taking estrogen prescription, I started drinking soy milk, using soy in cooking and even eating soy beans cooked with a little butter spread and S&P.(Good by the way) I took black cohosh with EstroV and I no longer needed hormone supplements and my hot flashes disappeared. My Doctor told me that it is only young males in a development stage that would be affected adversely by the natural estrogens in soy. And even then have to eat a lot of it. Tofu is made from soy bean curd.

If there is extra estrogen in soy products, and I believe there is, we should at least be careful about how much of it we eat and some of us older ladies maybe could eat a lot of it for hot flashes!(LOL) Men taking Estrogens for prostate cancer take huge amounts and it causes muscle weakness and breast engorgement, I suppose it might have some effect on males if they ate a lot of it.

About the plastics and food contamination. I have been writing to bottled water companies about that problem and I have received answers from the two biggest companies, Coke and Pepsi. Pepsi bottles Aquafina. They did not have a label saying where they got the water and that makes them suspicious in my book so I wrote and asked, in 2008. They said they were going to start labeling their product as to what it is in 2009 and were aware of the problem with plastic contamination. I checked and sure enough, they use tap water and purify it. They are working on a plastic replacement and have the plastic in the bottle we buy down to 35% plastic already. They use a reverse osmosis to purify the water and replace any minerals lost in the process. Good news and glad to hear they are working on it. The thing is, if plastic is used in the bottle cap of water in a glass bottle, some studes have found phalphates in that water also. It could be coming from the cap.

Then I got a letter from Coke and they too are aware of the problem, Their water is purified and put in plastic bottles. They go to a lot of trouble to make that water pure and tasty with the minerals we need and then put it in plastic bottles. So they said they and all the food companies in North America are trying to find a way to get the foods we eat out of plastic. Glass is not a good alternative because of breakage. They asked if I know something they could use to make a suggestion. I did. I said use cardboard, like we use for juices and milk etc. I haven't heard back from them on that one. What do you think? Is that a good idea? Would the wax be harmful in any way and if so what about the juices and milk we drink out of them?

I believe it is all the chemicals in our foods that are blowing us up like balloons. All the uncontrolled hormones put into food and side effecdts of chemicals changing the hormone physiological balance that is making the weight of people out of control.The more sugar free, fat free, fake food we eat the worse it gets. I put myself on a diet of cooking from scratch everything I put in my mouth. I ried it for 3 months and my cholesterol went down but my triglycerides went up. I ate like a colonial might have, roasted and baked food. Bought meat and prepared my own hamburger. I made my own bread and cooked with eggs and cheese. I ate bacon made in this day and age though. I haven't made bacon yet but I am going to. I make my own sausage. I bought the best ham I could find and made ham loaf and had ham even though it is made with preservatives of names I can't pronounce but I generally tried to eat nothing that used other than sugar, salt, lemon, Vit C, (ascorbic acid) etc for preservatives. When I used sugar, I used brown sugar and raw sugar. I made my own yogurt and cheese. I bought produce from an organic co-op farm near here. I ate all I wanted and did not even think of dieting or using low calories. I lost wight any way. Most of us are too busy to do all that and so am I right now and I am gaining back the weight. I want to take the time to live like that the rest of my life, I just have to get started again.
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2009, 07:58 PM

I agree it is the preservatives and many other things that are putting on the weight. They say that other countries that use to be healthy started putting on weight when they started eating McDonalds and our American diet.

MSG is one of the worst for putting on weight because it is specifically for making you eat a lot. That is why the Lays 'Bet you can't eat just one' came about.
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Aug 10, 2009, 11:38 AM
    I drink some soy milk to help my cholesterol and blood sugar and have not had any adverse effects.
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2009, 11:44 AM

It is more noticeable in younger boys before puberty and things can lie dormant for years.
    lshadylady Posts: 73, Reputation: 6

Aug 10, 2009, 07:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by earl237 View Post
    I drink some soy milk to help my cholesterol and blood sugar and have not had any adverse effects.
    Earl;
    What you are doing is really good for your health. Men need estrogen for strong bones and other good things. Its just that too much of anything is not good for us. If you are actually getting estrogen form soy, it is plant based and good for you.

The danger is when you are getting more of something than you need. At your age soy products are good for you, just watch the total amount of saturated fats in your diet and soy milk does have saturated fat. If you were in your developmental years, you should watch out for too much soy. Or your parents should watch for you. Soy is no worry at all in comparison with the phenols, phalphlates we are getting in bottled water. It is being blamed for the lower birht rate and sterility of our young males. They need to do more research but we need to stop using plastic for our foods. Bottled water is one of the biggest problems.DON'T DRINK PLASTIC BOTTLED WATER! The more I learn about this the more concerned I am. The major food companies are aware of this and are trying to find an effective way of packageing our food and liquids in some other material. In the meantime if they say too much it will cause a panic and hurt their sales and after research and changinging the type of plastic, it may not be necessary. In the meantime protect yourself and your children. I use a kitchen water filter and the reseach I have done on it says it will take out anything except AV gas and high grades of petroleum. That's good enough for me. JUst a simple counter-top charcoal filter works miracles. It cleans out all the stuff we know about and also the broken sewer pipes we don't know about in our towns and cities and the dirt and contamination right beside our water pipes that is happening under ground because of the age of the pipes and changes in the earths surface over the years.

Two good web sites to take a look at are[just click on the link]
    (:[url=http://www.westonaprice.org/soy/phytoestrogens.html]The Effects of Antenatal Exposure to Phytoestrogens on Human Male Reproductive and Urogenital Development)[/URL](NRDC: Documents water)There are more sites but I liked these two the best. They are backed up byMajorr Companies and copyrighted.

I have collected a lot if information on this subject if anyone wants to see some of it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Soy products [ 3 Answers ]

I have hears that only fermented soy products are good for you and that other soy products change your hormones, make you fat and should not be given to males. Is this true?

What are the by-products of respiration? [ 1 Answers ]

What are the by-products of respiration?

Exporting products to the USA [ 3 Answers ]

Good . I currently have a business in electronic hardware. It has been running for 13 years now. I am looking to setup a branch in the USA and was wanting to find out if it is possible to avoid being taxed in both the USA and the UK. I want to take the earnings from the USA back to the...

View more questions Search