Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pgau62 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2009, 02:16 PM
    United states citizen wants to adopt minor living in philippines
    Hi

I am an american citizen, married to a philippine female, whom is current in the us with me. We want to adopt one of our nieces living in the philippines. Here's my story. The niece we're wanting to adopt, is 12 yrs old. We are paying for her high school tuition fees in the philippines. Her father, mother, and brother and sister, currently live in a very small dwelling, basically only large enough for one person. My wife and I are building a 9 room home right across the street from where these folks currently live in the philippines. When the house is done, approx 8 mo. To one year yet, the parents of the niece I'm looking to adopt, will move into my new home, and take care of it, while my wife and I are in the states. We will continue to finance there oldest child, my niece's high school education, and want to adopt her, so we can bring her to the us, continue her high school education here in the us, and even put her through college. She... (Chelsy is her name), is very intelligent, and has passed her scholarship requirements recently.

So, in a nutshell, we want to adopt our minor, 12 yr old niece, with her parents permission, and bring her to america to finish her schooling and college.
    superk Posts: 207, Reputation: 12

Jul 4, 2009, 08:29 AM

I don't have so much knowledge about international adoption but I heard that the easiest way to do it is to bring the parents and the kid in the US then file adoption. Consult lawyer for detailed requirements.
    pgau62 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2009, 12:52 PM

Not an option. Unable to bring parents and child here
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jul 6, 2009, 07:22 AM

You will NEED a lawyer for this. International adoption gets VERY tricky, even with parental consent.
    DaddyLouJersey Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2012, 01:06 AM
    In what order??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a Indian citizen working in the UK on a work permit visit the United States [ 1 Answers ]

Hi 1. Can a Indian Citizen presently working in the UK on a work permit ( valid until September 2010 ) apply for a tourist visa from the US embassy in UK. 2. If anyone has been successful in obtaining a tourist US visa while working in the UK on a work permit, guide me on any additional...

Tourest Visa for minor to visit United States from Philippines [ 3 Answers ]

I am an American Citizen currently married to a filipino gal who has a permenent resident visa to stay in the United States. We want to bring our niece, an 11 year old female here from the Philippines and educate her in the United States. Can I bring her into the United States on a tourist visa,...

FiancŽ VISA from Philippines to United States [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I'm julius de Guzman from Baguio City, Philippines. What are the requirements I need to apply for a fiancé visa? Thank you for giving me the information I need.

View more questions Search