Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    UsualTenant Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2009, 02:56 PM
    Security deposit? Paying rent to finance company after foreclosure
    I've been paying rent to the finance company after they foreclosed on the landlord, do they inherit the obligation of returning my security deposit instead of the landlord? I'm moving and need to know if I should pay my last months rent, or not? Thanks.
    UsualTenant Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2009, 03:16 PM

MORE INFO: The above is a question in based California. Rental property is in Orange County, finance company is in Los Angeles. I've been paying rent to the finance company since January 1, 2009.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Paying rent when property in Foreclosure [ 13 Answers ]

If you are a tenant and you have received a notice that your landlord has not been paying the mortgage and the property is in the process of foreclosure, do not stop paying rent and do not immediately move out! The foreclosure process may have begun but that does not terminate your lease. You...

Rent Security Deposit [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I'm in Los Angeles California, I lived in my previous apt for 3 years and just received my security deposit. The landlord charged about $500 of it for repairs which I think is crazy. My apartment was left in good condition. She charged me for carpet cleaning, paint, vinyl in kitchen... etc....

Rent and Security Deposit [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I'm hoping you can give me good advice. I found a place to rent. I gave the tenant (whom is not on the lease) $600 for rent for the month of June. I was in the process of moving in. I also gave the tenant $600 for a security deposit. The tenant and I had a dispute and now he wants me...

Landlord not paying back security deposit [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All. I have been renting a commercial building in Toronto, Ontario. Earlier in the year, my landlord sold the place with my lease to this new landlord. And last month, we have moved out since it's the end of term for our lease. I've paid all my rent and fulfill all my obligations. But this new...

View more questions Search