Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    IheartEdward Posts: 203, Reputation: 4

Jul 1, 2009, 01:10 PM
    Somebody might be watching me.
    I live in a modern village and it pretty small. In my street, directly across the road for me, there's a house which is divided into two flats like upstairs is one and downstairs is one. Two or three guys (I'm not sure because a few has went in and out of it a lot) maybe in their late 20s moved into the upstairs one a couple of weeks ago. As a nosy teenage girl I was looking at them to see if any of them where hot but they never seen me look.

The other day I came home from being out with my friends and went to my room which is
    Obviously easily seen from their flat. I was sitting on my bed watching TV when I noticed one of the guys sitting at the window in their living room (I know it's the living room cause I can see the tv) and I didn't really take much notice. Out of the corner of my eye I seen him look at me and I looked at him so we looked away and he just continued talking to someone I couldn't see. Then out of the corner of my eye I seen him looking at me loads but I didn't want to back. I knew he was definitely looking cause I put my head in a way that he couldn't see me behind the arial on my windowsil and he was dodging it to see me. Then he got up and walked into the room next to that one which I think is a bedroom. He looked like he was doing something to the blinds but he did actually do anything. He sat back down in the chair topless so at this stage I was like okay.. But also trying not to look because I obviously wasn't going to encourage them. He continued to look but then I went for my dinner and he wasn't there when I came back.

Then today I was getting ready to go out and I seen him get something from his car and he was looking at my bedroom window the whole time.
    Lastly again today I was getting picked up by my dad and he was looking at me from the bedroom window and fiddling with the blinds but his eyes where fixated on me.

So should I be worried?

I'd also like to state, I didn't do anything to lead him on and I hardly looked straight at him when he looked at me. Maybe he's just being nosy but it's still kind of weird.

Any advice?

Thanks
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2009, 01:18 PM

If it bothers you, can you draw your blinds?
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2009, 01:34 PM

So I lived in an apartment complex for a time an a girl in a neighboring complex liked to walk around topless with the blinds not drawn or not completely shut.

The voyeur instinct is strong and not in itself worrysome.

If his looking through your "open window" bothers you, solve the problem, as HC said.

Take the other angle... if I have my windows open to the public and have sex at night, or hell... if I just walk around unclothed after a shower with the lights on, the cops will come most likely when somebody sees it as inappropriate.

Now... I KNOW you are just talking about being in your own personal space and not trying to temp anyone... but the reality is your personal space extends to your window... outside that, anyone can look in if you let them.

A side note... if he was cute would it matter?

Don't feel bad if the answer is "yes" or "maybe"... we usually love attention from those we find attractive, but find the same behavior worrysome when we aren't interested.

At this point, I don't know that id say he is "stalking you"... he could be willing to sneek a peek at anyone in the building...

On the flip side... you know this bothers you... you know he seems to be watching you, so take precautions and be alert. Not unreasonable for any young woman to do this.
    TheClimateGuy Posts: 27, Reputation: 2

Jul 1, 2009, 01:38 PM

I would say he just thinks you're good looking, and wants to look at you. As the other two mentioned... if it really bothers you, then put up some blinds or curtains. He will most likely continue to look at you until he has a reason not to.

Jul 1, 2009, 01:57 PM

See I would but I don't have blinds, only curtains and if I shut them it affects the signal on my TV and I don't want that to happen, it doesn't really bother me as such, it is flattering, but when I'm sitting watching TV and his face is at the window it's just strange
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2009, 01:59 PM

If it were me I would wave.

I like light so I wouldn't want to close the blinds because of some creeper.

Just wave hysterically- he'll probably think your weird and shut his blinds.

Sarah

Jul 1, 2009, 02:08 PM

Haha your answer was class, made me laugh thanks :)

Yeah my friends were at my house earlier and he was looking a bit, they all suggested doing something weird but the waving hysterically one is good, I like it.

Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is anyone watching Big Medicine? [ 4 Answers ]

I watched the first 15 minutes of this and recorded the rest to watch this weekend. I was amazed by one of their patients. His weight is unknown, but estimated to be around 850 pounds. He can't stand up because his ankles can't support his weight. He is housebound and bedridden and suffers...

Watching a video [ 3 Answers ]

I put in the DVD Cast Away and nothing happens! It says what would you like windows to do but there is nothing to select... How do I watch this movie? Help ASAP! Thank You!

Their eyes were watching god [ 3 Answers ]

Umm I need to know how old janie is by the end of the book? :p

What are you watching now? [ 17 Answers ]

What kind of movies or sitcoms are you guys watching this month? (I am a little bit there and a little bit here)

View more questions Search