Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    callisto_grrl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2009, 10:58 AM
    How do I upload a TV programe recorded on a DVD into my hard drive?
    I recorded a TV show onto a DVD via my recordable DVD player. How do I upload it into my hardrive so I can play & view it through my computer?
    I have tried several free-ware video converters but when I click on the CD drive to access the DVD for upload, the progames I have tried to use won't recognise or read the DVD.
    Any suggestions?
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2009, 08:27 PM

What format is the show in?

Can you not copy the file from windows explorer to a folder on your drive?
    robertva Posts: 249, Reputation: 30

Jul 1, 2009, 08:32 PM

CD readers and CD burner/readers can't read anything on a DVD-R, a DVD+R or a DVD-RW. Your drive would need to be a DVD reader, DVD reader/CD burner or DVD burner for that. DVD compatible drives often have the DVD logo on the front. If your drive has a CD logo, but not a DVD logo it might not have any DVD compatibility.

Are you using a DVD compatible drive and describing it as a CD reader (or burner/reader) in error? If so, can you see the folders and files on the DVD with your file manager ("Explore" or "Open" the disk if you are using Windows)?
    TheOreeoShow Posts: 78, Reputation: 2

Jul 1, 2009, 08:37 PM

When you put a cd or disk into a computer is shows up in a D Drive now click on that D drive under pull down menu at the top and you'll see all the info now its simple click copy and paste the item you want and put it into a safe place or if it doesn't allow it, on the left of the thumbnails is information if you came into your documents from your front page screensaver on your computer and it will say something along the lines of upload or burn click that and follow the instuctions it gives you , and your good to go! Plus if you have a laptop your trying to do this on there's usually a pop up on the bottom you should click on or it will - SHOULD automatically play.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who Recorded [ 1 Answers ]

Who Recorded The Song "the Bells Ding Dong Kept On Ringing On Our Wedding Day, And Why Can't I Find The Song " Keep On Loving You" By The Swiss Movement?

DVD upload [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a DVD I would like to upload and send to friends via e-mail. How can I do this? Do you know a free site... Thank you Marie

Dvd upload [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to upload my dvd onto YouTube and myspace, but both sites do not accept dvd formats. How do I rip the dvd onto my hard drive? In what format? I have PC (windows xp (sp1)). Please, help.

Need alphabet drawing programe [ 3 Answers ]

My wife wonts do do some art work around the house and she would like to try something with the computer. She asked me the other day about is there any programme out there that has alphabet drawing that she can upload a picture and have it converted to an alphabet drawing. Can any body help me...

Add/remove programe [ 5 Answers ]

I am trying to remove a programe from my comp. I have tried to remove it using add/remove programes, but it is still there even though it went thro the remove cycle. The programe is dogs5 which my grandson downloaded & is 450mb.is there any other way I can remove. Any help...

View more questions Search