Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bryantm3 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2009, 02:26 AM
    Old Sears Coldspot from '69 leaking water into the refrigerator compartment
    I have a Sears Coldspot (freezer on top, fridge on bottom) from 1969 that has recently begun to drip water from the ceiling of the refrigerator compartment. At first when I went to check out the problem I saw that the ceiling bends down at the back, and I was worried it had been leaking so long that it had actually bent up the top of the fridge. Fortunately, that's not the case. I checked it out further and found that the bent down spot actually has a hole in the backside that apparently serves some function of letting water drip out, and there is a small cup type thing protruding from the back of the fridge that collects it. Unfortunately, there is a lot of water collecting in the bottom of the fridge and it doesn't seem to be working correctly; either the hole is dripping too much water, or the cup for some reason is not disposing of the water the way it should. If anyone could help, I would appreciate it.
    Thanks,
    Dan
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jul 1, 2009, 09:20 AM
    Check to see exactly where the drain line goes to the pan under the ice box (refrigerator). Then blow or clean out the line. This should allow the water to drain into the pan and solve the problem.
    bryantm3 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2009, 12:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac1000 View Post
    Check to see exactly where the drain line goes to the pan under the ice box (refrigerator). Then blow or clean out the line. This should allow the water to drain into the pan and solve the problem.
    The problem is that I'm not sure where the drain line goes; there is a cage type thing around the back of the fridge and it also appears that the line does not come out the back anyway. The cup-type thing in front of the 'exit' out of the back of the fridge compartment may be removable, so I might be able to do something with that. If I cannot find the other end of the line, what would you recommend cleaning it out with?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jul 1, 2009, 04:06 PM
    Compressed air at low pressure.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore "Coldspot" refrigerator with standing water [ 8 Answers ]

We have a Kenmore "Coldspot" refrigerator that is about seven years old. There is a constant puddle of water on our top shelves in the back of the fridge. I wipe it out and the next day there is water again. Why??

Roper Refrigerator leaking water, but not hooked up to water. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Roper by Whirlpool refrigerator freezer. It isn't hooked up to a waterline for the icemaker or otherwise. It has leaked water 3-4 times over the last week; not a lot but still. I have heard what is apparently water running somewhere inside the refrigerator. It's still keeping the...

Refrigerator Kenmore Coldspot No water coming out of water dispenser [ 1 Answers ]

Kenmore Coldspot refrigerator Feb 99 Model 57562792 – there’s no water coming out of the water dispenser, however it is making ice. The lines are not clogged. There is a small unit in the lower corner in the back where the main water line goes into. There are two waters lines coming out of it -...

Water entering refrigerator compartment from top freezer. [ 1 Answers ]

I own a Kenmore Coldspot self-defrost refrigerator/top freezer model#70192000 made in Aug. 2000. Recently I have noticed water accumulating in the fridge compartment on the top most shelf as well as under both crisper drawers. The water collection tray at the underside of the refrigerator is...

View more questions Search