Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kkruse2288 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2009, 04:10 PM
    Ceiling fan trouble
    I have a ceiling fan that was installed less than a year ago. The problem I am having is the remote will not turn off the lights of the fan. It will dim the lights but not turn them off. The remote will change speeds of the fan and even shut the fan off. We have already replaced the batteries of the remote. What is next?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 30, 2009, 04:20 PM

What brand fan, can you post a picture of the remote?
    kkruse2288 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2009, 04:46 PM
    It is a Hampton Bay
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 2, 2009, 08:30 AM

Hold down the button that is dimming the lights, hold down for 5 seconds. Does this change how the lights are being swotched?
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2009, 01:56 AM

Did Balanger's answer fix your problem? If not it may be a defective receiver.

Ceiling fan remote controls - help and FAQ- Ceiling Fans N More

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Southwind V Ceiling Fan Trouble [ 1 Answers ]

Just yesterday night me and my boyfriend tried to install my new ceilingfan, There seems to be a problem and we cannot figure out what it is. There is a white, black, and ground wire in the existing box, we have hooked the fan to each correct one, and it still will not turn on. The light on it...

Ceiling fan trouble [ 3 Answers ]

I had someone replace a ceiling fan with a lght. I have a wall switch that controls the light and fan separately. Problem, when he finished the light switch turned the light on and the fan on high. The fan wall control did not work. He did have an extra red wire that he capped off. Can I fix...

Ceiling fan frequancy trouble [ 1 Answers ]

My Hampton Bay ceiling fan light will come on in the middle of the night. Maybe my neighbor TV remote is triggering it, don't know. Is there a way to change frequency on my ceiling fan light?

Ceiling Fan Trouble [ 3 Answers ]

I was in the process of installing a dimmer on my new home and ran into a few problems. First, the electrical box at the switch has three wires (Red, Yellow, and Black). The switch turned both the fan and light on at the same time (the black wire was capped). When installing the new fan, the fan...

Trouble wiring ceiling fan to light! [ 2 Answers ]

Novice here.. But I've done this before but can't get it rite this time.. URG... Have to replace the chain on ceiling fan.. fan works fine but no lite.. removed old chain but can't seem to get wires wired rite and can't get the lites to work.. The white wires are all set but don't know which of...

View more questions Search