Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Volomon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2009, 07:43 AM
    Laws governing same sex children sharing a room
    I know this is like really old however I was looking for this same answer except for the Kentucky area. I'm amazed by the responses you have received and the level of ignorance as well. As far as I'm aware nearly if not all states have some laws regarding this. Whether it is same sex kids or opposite, or the amount of kids in one room.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2009, 08:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Volomon View Post
    I know this is like really old however I was looking for this same answer except for the Kentucky area. I'm amazed by the responses you have received and the level of ignorance as well. As far as I'm aware nearly if not all states have some laws regarding this. Whether it is same sex kids or opposite, or the amount of kids in one room.

Please post those Laws - "we" have answered this question many times and have never found such a Law in any State unless you are talking about subsidized housing.

The sites you are referencing will end the question/answer confusion.

And, once again, I wonder why someone pops in, answers this one question, disappears - seems strange or troll-ish.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 30, 2009, 04:15 PM

Normally I would have just deleted your response for two reasons, First, you insult other members. Second, you make a claim that goes against what is fairly common knowledge.

So please produce any evidence that even some states have laws on this issue. If we are wrong, we would like to know it.

However, as far as I'm aware, state governments rarely issue laws that get that involved in people's lives. Some local governments might have guidelines about occupancy rates. Some public housing authorities might have guidelines about this. But where such guidelines exist they are generally not enforced unless a complaint is made.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My Son will be sharing a room with my ex and his new girlfriend? [ 16 Answers ]

My son's father and I have lived separately for about two years, sharing custody pretty evenly. We do not have a court order, just an informal arrangement which has worked fine. Since moving out, my ex has lived with his brother in a 2-bedroom apt, so when our son is with him, they share a...

Children of opposite sex sharing a room [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 12 year old daughter and a son who will be 10 in a couple of months.At present I am in a very small two bedroom flat which means my children have to share a room. I am on the waiting list for a 3 bedroom property by my local authority who has told me there is no legal age saying they can't...

Girls, 11y and 14y, sharing same room [ 8 Answers ]

Recently my family has had to take in my wife's father. While temporary in nature, this has burdened the family slightly and caused my daughters to have to share a room. My 14yo daughter visits on a standard schedule but lives with her mother, and the 11yo lives here full time. We had a bedroom set...

10 & 13 YO sharing room - opposite sex [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend has a daughter that is 13 1/2 years old (8th grade) girl and a 10 (almost 11, 5th grade) boy. The daughter is afraid to sleep alone so the son has to sleep in her room EVERY night. He does the same at the Mom's house. There are plenty of bedrooms. She every single night will start...

Room sharing [ 3 Answers ]

What is the law on the age brother and sisters sharing a bedroom

View more questions Search