Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cat30 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2009, 01:26 PM
    DVD/CD Drive - read dvd but will not write to dvd.
    Hi guy's.

I have trouble with my dvd/cd-rw combo. My laptop is a Acer TravelMate 2413LC, don't know the make and model of the dvd/cd-rw combo.
    It reads and writes to Cd's no problem there. But is will not write to a blanc dvd - it reads the dvd. If I put a blanc cd in it ask me what I like to do but if I put in a blanc dvd nothing happens.
    I really need same help.

Thanks

Cat
    abrahambaby2020 Posts: 15, Reputation: -1

Jul 22, 2009, 06:59 PM

I think your drives writer head is gone. That may be the min reason or their will be dust on that surface. Try to clean it by taking it to your nearest servic center if that is not seems to work better to buy another one . Because now a days it will be cheap to buy cd drive than taking it for repair

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ignoring it doesn't help... DUH! Read/write failure? [ 6 Answers ]

I don't know why I thought this would "resolve" itself if I just carried on without making a fuss. That's kind of like driving around with the fuel light on right until you run out of gas. I've got a Dell Latitude 610 laptop. My fingermousing went out suddenly last week, and I started using...

I need to disable a read write protection [ 3 Answers ]

Can someone tell me how I can copy a file to a cd? I get message that it's protected...

98se how to read & write to USB memory stick [ 1 Answers ]

98se how to read & write to USB memory stick

Floppy Drive Doesn`t Read or Write [ 6 Answers ]

Please help I`m running win xp pro xp2 and I`ve just put in a floppy drive to make boot discs , the puter recognises the drive but the light is always on when I connect the power lead and it doesn`t read or write I hope someone can help p.s I`ve just put a multi card reader in and that light is...

View more questions Search