Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2009, 01:11 PM
    Getting rid of a moldy smell
    My boyfriend spilled hot cocoa and cleaned it up with two of my good towels. Then instead of washing the towels right away he thew them in my laundry hamper and I didn't find them until 2 or 3 days later when I started to smell up my room. I've washed it twice now. The first time just with detergent. The second time with color safe bleach, detergent, and fabric softener. And they still smell moldy! Any tips on getting rid of the smell? I hate to have to get rid of two new and otherwise good towels but they smell awful right now.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2009, 01:15 PM

You could try washing them in one of those bathroom cleaners for mold and mildew. One from the Dollar General should even work.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2009, 01:17 PM

Good idea. Thank you
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2009, 11:12 AM
    Also try soaking them over night in regular detergent or the mold/mildew stuff.

It worked for a quilt of mine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Moldy smell after main line backup [ 1 Answers ]

About 10 days ago my main line backed up into my kitchen sinks and shower while I was doing a load of laundry. My plumber came and cleared everything but ever since I have smelled a musty, moldy odor only in my bathroom. Is this a sign of mold somewhere? I have cleaned the shower, the floor (no...

Moldy smell coming from shower/tub drain [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! I have a shower/tub drain that has a very moldy smell coming from it. I have cleaned it with drain cleaners but the only time the smell seems to go away is when I close the tub drain. What could this be and how can I fix it? Thanks, ndjames:confused:

Musky,moldy smell in house [ 1 Answers ]

I've got a musky smell in kitchen, moldy smell in master bathroom that wifts through to my bedroom. I've had landlord come and inspect and have been told there is no leaks under house and opening behind bath tub appears to be dry. The smell seems to generate around tub enclosure in bathroom and...

Dryer slow drying, terrible moldy smell [ 2 Answers ]

I've got an 8 year old whirlpool electric dryer that's been cantankerous for a while. It's taking a few dryer cycles to dry clothes, and it smells awful. Very bad. Like mold. I disassembled the whole thing last night and didn't find anything off - no lint blockages, the heating elements very...

Musty/moldy smell [ 1 Answers ]

We have noticed a strong musty/moldy smell coming from the bathroom vanity, inside of heating baseboard (there are holes where the pipes go into the wall), inside the electrical box panel and any small openings on the baseboard too. We own a slab ranch home (no basement). There are no visible...

View more questions Search