Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tahnee87 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2009, 11:23 AM
    Fishing charter business taxes
    My husband bought a boat and started a charter fishing business 3 years ago and since then has not done his taxes and lost all his receipts (gas, fishing tackle, bait, lunch) we really need to get this sorted out what do we do?
    codyman144 Posts: 544, Reputation: 31

Jun 30, 2009, 11:59 AM

I am going to move this to the tax section were a tax expert can help you.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jun 30, 2009, 01:03 PM
    Your first decision is to find a competent, local tax professional to help you put together his business records.

While he has probably lost the detailed receipts, it is likely that he paid for much of these costs via credit card, so the tax pro can use the credit card bills as a basis for establishing your husband;s business records.

If your husband consistently made money running his charter business, expect the tax bill to be in the tens of thousands of dollars.

Plus, you can expect the tax pro to charge a fee approaching a thousand dollars himself.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Taxes on a Cleaning Business [ 5 Answers ]

I was wanting to know can I claim a Business loss since I lost a cleaning account? Well I get a better return or will it cost me more money? Thanks April

Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms [ 1 Answers ]

Which activities are governed by the Charter and which are not?

Taxes for online business [ 2 Answers ]

How do I keep records for tax purposes for an online internet business? Thanks Luther

View more questions Search