Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    starthom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2009, 11:04 AM
    Suing wrong person
    I am being sued in civil court and I am the wrong person how do I get myself off the sumons
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2009, 11:58 AM

I have to ask, what makes you say you are the wrong person? Are you saying it as in, you don't feel you should be sued? Or it was somehow wrongly addressed to you?
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2009, 12:04 PM
    You go to the court date, bring proof of your identity and proof that you are NOT the one in debt to the plaintiff that you are not the person they are attempting to sue.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why is it normally wrong to kill a person? [ 141 Answers ]

Is it simply a human convention?

Suing a deceased person [ 2 Answers ]

My husband passed away in July 2007. His will was probated in December 2007. Can he still be sued?

Registered to the wrong person! [ 1 Answers ]

I have to renew my registration for my license plate.. I recently bought a new vehicle from my cousin. I already had a license plate so I just did a transfer. I never received anything in the mail with any information on it yet. This was about 2 months ago. Now that it's time to renew my plate, I...

Wrong person [ 3 Answers ]

Is there any possibility to find a person with only a photo? I don't know where this person lives. I was a member of match.com and made a contact with a man. It has come to my knowledge that the man on the picture is not the man I have been in contact with. The man I was in contact with is a man...

Summons delivered to wrong person [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I was cleaning a house while the owner's of it live abroad now. A man knocked on the door and asked me if I knew the person who's name was on the enveloppe he had (it's the house owner's name) I said yes and he gave the enveloppe even though I told him they don't live here. He just rushed off. ...

View more questions Search