Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pfm2001 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2006, 06:13 AM
    Leaky tub faucet
    We have had a chronic leaky faucet in our deep soaker tub for a long time (over a year). We have been unable to remove the taps successfully and don't own proper tools (pliers, proper wrenches, etc.) so we have decided to call in a professional to change the fixtures altogether (they are super-cheap builders fixtures & are now corroded). My question is that there is a light-blue ring around the tub now. Does this mean the finish is ruined on this tub? Is there any special way to fix this without refinishing the entire tub?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 14, 2006, 06:35 AM
    We can't blame the faucet for the blue ring in the tub. I assume the tub is plastic or fiberglass and not cast iron. Have you tried soft scrub or bleach on the stain? What do you think the blue stain is? Most tub stains are brown or reddish and are caused by iron oxide, (rust) in the water or built up in your water heater. For stains on porcelain I soak some paper towels in full strength bleach and let them set on the stain overnight. Let me know if any of those worked for you. Regards. Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leaky bathtub faucet [ 6 Answers ]

My bathtub faucet is leaking badly. It looks to me that the hot knob will not close all the way. You turn the knob and it won't turn anymore but it looks like there is still a little room for it to close all the way but it won't. Is there any way to fix that easily?

Leaky Bathtub Faucet [ 1 Answers ]

I have an old Stanadyne (I've been told this is now Moen) bathtub faucet that leaks out of the spout when it is turned off. I'm not sure how to describe the faucet other than it is a single-handle that I pull away from the wall and then turn right or left to adjust the water temperature. It looks...

Reassemble the Tub Faucet [ 4 Answers ]

I have a slip on tub faucet that was removed from the stub out. I cannot understand how to fit the components back together and reassemble so that it does not come off when the shower mechanisim is engaged. If anyone can help me, I'd love some ideas.

Leaky washer faucet [ 1 Answers ]

After thinking it was my hose leaking I came to realize the leak is coming from the knob of the faucet stem where it goes into the fauce. All advice is needed and appreciated! Little j

Leaky outside faucet [ 6 Answers ]

I just noticed that my faucet outside doesn't work right. When I turn the faucet on, I get water leaking BEHIND the faucet outlet when connected to a hose or cover the end of the faucet with my hand. When there is nothing restricting flow, the water leaves the end of the spigot just fine. When...

View more questions Search