Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sariss Posts: 1,471, Reputation: 244
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2009, 04:55 PM
    How easy is it.
    I think I mentioned this before, but my significant other lives in the United States, and I live in Canada.
    The plan (that I'm just starting to work on) is for us to live together long enough to be considered common-law, then I will sponsor him as a permanent resident.

I know that Americans can stay as visitors for 6 months. How easy is it to get this renewed? I'm hoping he can get it renewed so he can stay 12 months.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2009, 10:36 AM

You can certainly apply and most likely it will be approved, he may not get 6 more months however. Also make sure and apply early, don't wait till the last few weeks or you may not get an answer in time.

Below is a link for how to apply for the extension

Temporary resident visa: Extending your stay

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I can't get Over my ex, although it seems so easy for him. [ 14 Answers ]

:confused: Hello, well I was in a relationship for about three years, he was my high school sweetheart... the first 5 months he cheated on me and had sex with two girls.. he told me.. and I broke up with him but he kept telling me that he will change, that it was a mistake.. and I took him...

If I am not so easy to get along with [ 20 Answers ]

When I could remember what I was doing, the whole family lived in a rain-leaking house. It is a little crowded there, and we are so poor that My little brother and I always have no money to pay the tuition and no pin money either. Even though, I like rain very much. When it rained outside,...

How can it be so easy for her? [ 19 Answers ]

A month ago I couldve sworn she was head over heals for me.. 2 weeks ago when she wanted a break it was a shock to me.. and now one week ago that she's simply left me her friends tell me how she's going to ibiza in a couple of weeks and she's having the time of her life.. and that she told them...

Here is any easy one (maybe) [ 4 Answers ]

Okay I have and old rust bucket 91 gmc sonoma 4x4 that I use on rainy days. It ran just fine the last time I used it. Then I went about a week without starting it ,so I decide to drive it to work but nothing. I mean when I turn the key no click nothing. I charged the battery as it appeared to be...

View more questions Search