Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stardust_x0 Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2009, 04:27 PM
    Horror movie remakes.
    I just wanted to post a thread asking for opinions on the remakes of all the classic horror movies that are being made. If you're like me, I'm 22 and I grew up watching Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street, and I just want to know what others think of the remakes. Personally, I am very disappointed that A Nightmare on Elm Street is being remade without Robert Englund; I believe it might not make as much as the others because of this very reason. I'm also disappointed by the new Halloween movies, but my hubby, who is a hard-core Michael Myers fan, says that the Zombie versions almost make sense because in the original Halloween II, Dr. Loomis implies that the mark on Myers' arm leads him to do evil things. If anyone has seen the preview to H2, it shows Michael's mom doing some satanic stuff - leading to the reason behind his madness. Opinions please! Also, if anyone knows more info on Halloween - not the remakes, just the overall story and origina plot, please add.. I haven't seen them in so long.:D
    Couchcarrot Posts: 590, Reputation: 41

Jun 29, 2009, 09:40 PM
    Here is some information on the plot of the original Halloween movie from 1978:

Plot
    On Halloween night 1963, six-year-old Michael Myers (Will Sandin) murders his fifteen[4]-year-old sister Judith (Sandy Johnson) with a large kitchen knife at their home in Haddonfield, Illinois. Almost immediately after, his mother and father arrive home and find him in a trance-like state. They send him to Smith's Grove - Warren County Sanitarium and he is placed under the care of child psychiatrist Dr. Sam Loomis (Donald Pleasence).

Eight years of treatment lead Loomis to suspect that Michael is nothing less than pure evil. Seven years of trying to keep Myers locked up ends upon his attempted transfer to be prosecuted as an adult. Myers (now 21 years old) escapes from Smith's Grove, steals the institution's car, kills a truck driver for his jump suit, and returns to Haddonfield.

Loomis knows where he is going and pursues him. In Haddonfield, Myers stalks teenager Laurie Strode (Jamie Lee Curtis) and some of her friends. At various points throughout the day Laurie sees a man in a white mask (from her classroom window, behind a bush while she walks home, and in the clothesline from her bedroom window).

Later in the evening, Laurie meets her friend Annie Brackett (Nancy Loomis) who is babysitting Lindsey Wallace (Kyle Richards) across the street from where Laurie is babysitting Tommy Doyle (Brian Andrews). After arranging to pick up her boyfriend, Annie sends Lindsey to stay with Laurie at the Doyle house before being murdered by Myers. Tommy sees Myers carrying Annie's body into the Wallace house and thinks he is the Boogeyman. Laurie dismisses the boy's terror and sends Tommy and Lindsey to bed. Myers later murders another friend of Laurie's, Lynda Van Der Klok (P. J. Soles) and Lynda's boyfriend, Robert "Bob" Simms (John Michael Graham) after they have sex in the empty Wallace house.

Laurie worries for her friends' safety after receiving a strange phone call from Lynda at the Wallace house. She walks across the street and discovers the three bodies plus Judith Myers' missing tombstone. She is attacked by Michael Myers but escapes back to the Doyle house. Laurie stabs Myers in the neck with a knitting needle, and in the eye with a clothes hanger, and in the torso with a knife, but he continues to pursue her. Eventually Laurie tells Tommy and Lindsey to go to the Makenzie's house to call the police then Loomis spots Tommy and Lindsey running from the house and finds Myers in the upstairs hallway. Loomis rescues Laurie from being strangled by Myers, shooting him six times and causing him to fall from the house's second-story balcony. Upon looking out the window for Myers' body, however, Loomis discovers that he is nowhere to be found, and the film ends with shots of the Doyle, Wallace, and Myers houses accompanied by heavy breathing.
    LunarBlue Posts: 88, Reputation: 10

Jun 30, 2009, 07:06 PM
    Wait.. they are REMAKING Nightmare on Elm Street?? Like seriously?

It cannot be that hard to make up a new movie ideal. I have 20 in my head right now.
    stardust_x0 Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2009, 07:18 AM
    Yes. They are remaking it with someone else playing freddy which is so dumb because anyone can play the others - they all wear masks. Freddy is a face!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

80's war sci fi horror movie - forgot the title of the movie [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. I have been looking for the title on a movie that I saw when I was a kid in the mid 80's. The movie was set during the war ( I think it was during the nazi era ). I remember at the beginning that they are all walking on a path and discover some sort of tower or castle that is sealed shut. They...

Looking for a movie maybe a horror [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I remember a movie which was on some years ago, I can't remember the name of it but it was made in the late 60s early 70s (I think) the movie was a horror, and it was about this man who writes music for a living, and he gets his head traped in a recored making maichine when he finds out someone...

Ask for movie title - horror movie [ 1 Answers ]

Good day all. I want to request one movie title... quite old horror movie. I give some synopsis about this story. One boy found movie reel at store and his mother told that movie reel is a horror movie directed by his grandfather and never been released. That night when his mother go...

Movie Remakes [ 16 Answers ]

Am I the only one who's sick of all the remakes of 60s, 70s and even some 80s movies lately? I'm a big fan of horror, and it seems in the last couple of years that every single horror movie that I enjoyed is being remade and often ruined. I just saw a trailer for the remake of The Omen, and I heard...

Need Movie Title from fantasy/horror movie [ 1 Answers ]

Hi There, For YEARS I've been searching for this one movie. The only things I can remember about the movie are as follows. 1. This is a sort of fantasy movie that has to do with a barbarian warrior type of hero, and goblins, or trolls. 2. The main part of the movie I remember, is that...

View more questions Search