Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    danmcvey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2009, 11:43 AM
    Briggs and starton 18 hp v twin riding mower
    Can anyone help with this riding mower will not start gas does not leave the carb hoses are not clogged and carb has been cleaned 3 times filter is not clogged either
    Thanks in advance
    kd51145 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2009, 06:05 PM

It sounds like you have no compression, thus no vacuum to pull the gas into the combustion chambers. Do you have vacuum on the carb throat?
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jun 29, 2009, 07:40 PM

Hi,
    Got a model number; sounds like an opposed twin by the HP rating.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Briggs and starton motor [ 12 Answers ]

Hello I own a rover mower with briggs and starton motor and it wouldn't start so I put a new spark plug in and clean the air filter with new fuel and I started it and it idle rough so I put my finger over the fuel primer bulb breather hole and it ran perfrect so I took my finger off and ran...

Murray Mower 42" Twin Select w/ Briggs 42a707, Solenoid just clicks [ 2 Answers ]

Murray 42" Twin Select Briggs 42a707 16.5hp Motor OK, I am not on my mower at the moment, obviously, but I will post more model numbers and such this afternoon. History. 1. Wife picks house with monster lawn. 2. Wife pisses on my plan for a new riding mower. 3. Neighbor has pity and...

Briggs 12 hp riding mower [ 1 Answers ]

I has a problem with a defective float needle and I bought a carb repari kit. Everything went OK except I am having trouble adjusing the carb to run without having to have the choke partially open. I see a float needle adj and an adjustment on top of the carb. Anyone have a manual or instruction...

16.5 OHV Briggs on Craftman Riding Mower [ 4 Answers ]

As mentioned, I have a craftman mower with 16.5 OHV B&S. Its only about 5/6yrs of age, good shape. It does start up, but runs rough, backfires and blows quite a bit of white exhaust. Blows much more white exhaust at lower idle before stalling out. I have cleaned carb, changed plug, fuel filter and...

Briggs 12 hp riding mower [ 1 Answers ]

I have a problem with a defective float needle and I bought a carb repari kit. Everything went OK except I am having trouble adjusing the carb to run without having to have the choke partially open. I see a float needle adj and an adjustment on top of the carb. Anyone have a manual or...

View more questions Search