Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Janeyoxox Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2009, 10:05 AM
    Can I dye my dyed brown hair blonde using xxl blonde dye
    hey, ive been dying my hair since i was about 13 now, and ive had it multiple shades of brown, and one red. some semi-perminent and some perminent. recently i decided to dye my hair a medium blonde and was wondering if by using the xxl blonde dye from schwarzkopf, i could lighten it up back to blonde. please help! xxxx
    Kagan88 Posts: 70, Reputation: 9

Jun 29, 2009, 10:20 AM

Usually it's okay they just say its best to wait a few weeks before dying it again... I'm not a professional that's just what my hair stylest said to me when I went from a really dark shade of brown and didn't like it much and had her lighten it back, she had me wait I think it was almost a month maybe 3 weeks...
    Janeyoxox Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2009, 10:41 AM

thank you for your response! i'm almost desperate to get my hair back to blonde. at the moment ive been doing a trick i read about on the internet, using head and shoulders and leaving it in for half an hour every wash. my hair is slowly draining of colour but i discovered the xxl blonde hair dye which im desperate to put on. is anyone sure of what colour i may go? i'd really appreciate it as i'm hoping to do it before the weekend x
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2009, 01:37 PM

No. Unfortunately Kagan88 is not correct. It will not work properly as I stated in your other thread.
    Kagan88 Posts: 70, Reputation: 9

Jun 29, 2009, 03:01 PM

That's how it was for my hair but I was staying dark and already dark...
    babiekayts Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2009, 12:54 PM
    Three days! :) fortunately the first couple of times you dye your hair you can wait three days between colors. If your hair gets too damaged, try a mayo mask. 1 cup of mayo, put all over your hair, wrap your head tight with saran wrap, wait twenty mins and mix 2 oz of shampoo and 6 oz of conditioner and rinse with cold water, put conditioner and shampoo mix in wait two mins, rinse with cold water and let air dry. if you blow dry or use hot water your hair will smell like mayo for a good week. you can do this once a week, and even put a shower cap on and sleep with it in if you want. It puts cholesterol back in your hair which makes it really soft! :D sounds gross but it really works
    hayley345 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2011, 08:52 AM
    If My Hair Was Blonde And I DIED It Red Then Purple And My Purple Is Really Faded . Now A Want To Go Back Blonde Can I ? And How Will I Do It Cz My Blonde Made Me Loose Qwite Abit Ov Hair On One Side Is Really Thin And The Rest Is Thick A Put Purple ON About 2 3 Munths Ago Cud I Just Use An XXL Blonde Die ?
    lydia666love Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2012, 05:53 AM
    I died my hair lots of colors and wanted to go back to my bnatural color I used live xxl light blond... it turned my hair orange and yellow and really damaged it.. its now brittle and snapps off when I brush it you can't dye back blond in one bottle so I dammaged my hair further trying to get it all one color I now have dark brown hair again because my hair was so dammaged when it was blond xxx hope I was some help
    XxRachiexX Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2012, 06:01 AM
    Hiya can anyone help me I have like a reddish brown hair and want 2 go blonde I brought a blonde hair dye and stripper I've not used blonde yet ca's the stripper hasn't done anything at all will the xxxl blonde cover it do you think it's been about a year since I've died my hair hope sum1 can help me thanks x
    nikkinoodles92 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2012, 08:21 AM
    I need help I dyed my hair all crazy colours my natural hair colour is baby blonde I bleached it then dyed it brown then bleached it again then I went black then dyed it red and stripped the colour out and dyed it medium brown I want to go back to blonde just wondering if the xxl blonde or nice and easy blonde will bring back the blonde or make it go a weird colour thanks x
    ashlee1101 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2012, 05:43 AM
    Hi Guy's just a quick input from me as I have been dying my hair for at least 6 years and it has been every colour under the sun.
    To get the desired affect going from dark to blonde I used a Beauty shop called Sallys and buy my Ion One Shot Developer 12% 40 Vol 100 ml £1.99 and Blondor Multi-Blonde Powder Sachet 30g 30G £2.29. When dying in sections you only need to mix about 1/3 of the Sachet and 1/4 of the bottle of Developer. Obviously if you are dying all your hair then I would recommend one Sachet per bottle. When bleaching always make sure you use foils to separate hair then you get a more even coverage and colour rather than it being patchy. Make sure you apply the dye to the front and back of the hair strand you are dying else the front will be a different colour to the back. Leave it on for about 30 minutes and cover over any left over bleach. Check on your hair and if it is a little bit patchy then re-apply the bleach to the area but only a thin layer and foil up again. If you need to speed up the process use a hairdryer on the foiled areas but make sure you have the foil on your bleached area so it doesn't dry out. Wash this off with cold water only and towel dry to see if the desired colour has been reached. If not apply a little bit more for 10 minutes to make it even but don't blow dry. Once your hair is the desired blonde either cover with a bright funky colour or make sure you use a conditioning mask on the bleached area to retain some of the moisture. Hope this has helped. Any more queries feel free to comment back (:
    jessicajayne Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2013, 10:33 AM
    Hi, my hair is originally blonde I dyed it when I was about 12 or 13 its been quite a lot of shades of brown black purple and red at the moment it is currently brown with ginger streaks in it I want to go back blonde someone help? X

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dyed my hair from blonde to brown turned green what do I do [ 14 Answers ]

I dyed my hair from a blonde to light brown but some parts only minimal parts turned green what can I do to correct that with out going to a salon please help:confused:

Brown hair dyed auburn to strawberry blonde? [ 7 Answers ]

Well, let's see. My natural hair color is somewhere between medium brown and dark brown... Like it's dark brown but not near black.. if that makes sense... A few months ago, I want to say sometime after January, I dyed my hair a shade of like medium auburn. My hair being on the dark side it didn't...

Natural Blonde hair dyed BLACK.want blonde back [ 22 Answers ]

I dyed my hair black and it looks horrible. I have natural blonde hair and I really want it back... can I just buy a box of the same colour as my natural hair and dye it back? Any suggestions?:confused:

Dyed hair brown want bake blonde [ 1 Answers ]

I've dyed my hair brown and I had to put a red in it to make it go brown but how do I get blonde back

View more questions Search