Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angeltalk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2006, 10:29 PM
    Firewall block
    Can I block a computer user from accessing a specific website if I have a firewall conrol panel?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 14, 2006, 05:46 AM
    Depends on the firewall and what features it has.
    invisibleman_productions Posts: 207, Reputation: 12

Oct 15, 2006, 04:15 AM
    You can block the particula website by adding the website to the hosts file . Or with hostman

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

VPN? Managed firewall? [ 7 Answers ]

If a customer wants a VPN device, what exactly (in laymans terms please) is that? I have looked it up on the web but am not getting the whole jist of what it exactly is? :confused: Also they want us to manage their firewall. Can you explain this also. SOrry, just beginning to learn what this...

Firewall/antivirus [ 7 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me if they like or dislike the EZ Armor Security Software that comes with roadrunner? I have been trying to look at reviews but can't find any. Also, can anyone tell what they think of Trend Micro's firewall protection. I currently have this for my virus protection but wasn't...

Windows XP Workgroup + XP Firewall [ 2 Answers ]

My friend is trying to set up a small office network of 3 computers all running windows xp home. It's a very simple set up of a hub connecting the three computers A, B & C He's asked me to help him set this up but we have come across a slight problem. It would seem that the xp firewall is...

Firewall Subscription? [ 7 Answers ]

I got McAfee Firewall about a year back when I got DSL. Is there any good reason to keep paying for a "subscrption" for very infrequent online updates, or is what I have probably good enough? Thanks in advance.

Remote Conifiguration of Firewall [ 1 Answers ]

How do I remotely configure a firewall!?

View more questions Search